Eddin Syazlee Shith
Eddin Syazlee Shith
ايدين شازلي بن شيث
|2018–2020||Deputy Minister of Communications and Multimedia|
|2020||Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department|
|2020–2021||Deputy Minister of Works|
|2021–||Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|2020||Malaysian United Indigenous Party|
Eddin Syazlee bin Shith
2 January 1974
Kuala Pilah, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
|Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
|Spouse(s)||Nurul Azlin Ibrahim|
|Website||Eddin Syazlee Shith on Facebook|
Dato’ Eddin Syazlee bin Shith (Jawi: ايدين شازلي بن شيث) is a Malaysian politician who has served as Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department in charge of Economic Affairs in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Mustapa Mohamed since August 2021. He served as the Deputy Minister of Works in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and former Minister Fadillah Yusof from July 2020 to August 2021 and Member of Parliament (MP) for Kuala Pilah since May 2018. He briefly served as the Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department in charge of Parliament and Law in the PN administration under Muhyiddin and former Minister Takiyuddin Hassan from March 2020 to July 2020. He also served as the Deputy Minister of Communications and Multimedia in the Pakatan Harapan (PH) administration under former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and former Minister Saifuddin Abdullah from July 2018 to February 2020. He is a member and the State Chairman of Negeri Sembilan of the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (BERSATU), a component party of the PN and formerly PH coalitions.
Born on 2 January 1974, in Kuala Pilah, Negeri Sembilan, he started his career as a lawyer before venturing into the political arena in 2006.
Eddin Syazlee holds a Bachelor of Law (Hons) degree from the Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) (2003), Masters in Law from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (2009), and Diploma in Syariah Legal Practice from UiTM (2017).
He is married to Dr Nurul Azlin Ibrahim and the couple is blessed with two sons, aged five and one.
In April 2021 Eddin Syazlee was embroiled in controversy, when he was caught falling asleep during a convocation ceremony of a religious college in Seremban, of which he was the guest-of-honour. The local branch of his party PPBM has since clarified that it was due to health reasons.
|2018||Eddin Syazlee Shith (PPBM)||18,045||44.85%||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||17,845||44.35%||41,156||200||82.64%|
|Rafiei Mustapha (PAS)||4,347||10.80%|
- Negeri Sembilan :
- "YB TUAN EDDIN SYAZLEE SHITH DILANTIK TIMBALAN MENTERI KOMUNIKASI DAN MULTIMEDIA MALAYSIA" (in Malay). 3 July 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Deputy minister falls asleep onstage, Kuala Pilah Bersatu explains he was unwell". Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2018. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE – 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Abdul Jamal, Azzman (14 January 2020). "444 terima darjah kebesaran, bintang, pingat Negeri Sembilan" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Retrieved 14 January 2020.