This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Eddsworld website logo
|Created by||Edd Gould|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||52+|
Newgrounds (2003–13, 2016)|
|Original release||6 June 2003 – 16 March 2016|
Eddsworld is a British comedic series of flash animations, comics, and flash games created by the late Edd Gould. They are distributed on Newgrounds, DeviantArt, YouTube, Albino Blacksheep, Tumblr, and the BBC. They were previously distributed on SheezyArt and the main Eddsworld site until they were shut down. On 17 March 2016, Ridgewell announced that he had given control over Eddsworld to Hargreaves and Gould's family. On 1 January 2017 the show's website went back online with new Eddsworld comics being written and illustrated by Matt Hargreaves.
At the time of Gould's death, his YouTube channel had the most subscribers in the comedian category for the United Kingdom and was the 4th most viewed comedian of the United Kingdom. Eddsworld was noticed by the organizers of the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference who requested the creation of an episode about climate change, which was used in the opening ceremony of the conference.
- Edd (based on Edward Duncan Ernest "Edd" Gould) – Edd wears a green hoodie in some animations he appears in. He is obsessed with cola and bacon. Edd was voiced by Edd Gould, until his death in 2012. In later episodes, he is voiced by Tim Hautekiet.
- Tom (based on Thomas James "Tom" Ridgewall) – Tom wears a blue hoodie in some animations he appears in. He has an attitude problem, an alcoholic, deadpan and very uptight. He has a deep hatred for Christmas, and due to his mother being a bowling ball, and his father being a pineapple, he has no visible eyes. Tom is voiced by Thomas Ridgewell.
- Matt (based on Matthew Joseph "Matt" Hargreaves) – Matt is the vain, ginger, gullible one in the group with a purple hoodie, and a green overcoat. He is obsessed with his looks, and it is shown on "Hammer and Fail; Part 1" that he doesn't clean his room. Matt is voiced by Matt Hargreaves.
- Tord (based on Tord Åke Larsson) – Tord is trigger-happy and wears a red hoodie. He appeared alongside Edd, Matt, and Tom in various animations until 25ft Under the Seat, where he is shown driving away. He returns in the Eddsworld: Legacy animation The End, where he claims his friendship with Edd was a lie, and he had just returned to get his giant robot. He destroys Edd's house, and attempts to take over the world until Tom stops him. Tord was usually voiced by Tord Larsson, except in Eddsworld Christmas Special 2004 and parts of Zombeh Attack where he was voiced by Alex L'Abbé. In The End, Tord is voiced by Jamie-Spicer Lewis.
- Paul (based on Paul ter Voorde) – Makes various appearances. Paul's first voiced appearance was in Moving Targets. Paul is voiced by Paul ter Voorde.
- Eduardo – Eduardo is Edd's neighbour and rival who wears a green button shirt instead of a hoodie. Eduardo is voiced by Chris O'Neil and Brock Baker.
- Jon – Jon is Eduardo's victim of being called "an idiot". He wears a blue button shirt. Jon is killed indirectly by Tord in part two of The End. He has similar colored hair to Tom, and his eyes are smaller than Tom's. Jon is voiced by Eddie Bowley.
- Mark – Mark wears a purple turtleneck sweater, has a cleft chin, and has blonde hair. Mark is voiced by Ben Rudman.
- Patryck (based on Patryk Dudulewicz) – He appears in The Snogre (driving a plane alongside Paul), Fun Dead (shooting zombies), and The End(Picking up an injured Tord). Patryck is voiced by Patryk Dudulewicz.
- Hellucard – Hellucard is known for his line, "Hey Edd!" which sounds like, "Ey Head!", due to his heavy Canadian accent. Hellucard is voiced by Dominic Charbonneau.
- Santa Claus – After the original Santa died and became a zombie, this replacement Santa take on the role that old Santa left behind. His arch-nemesis is the original Santa (now Zanta Claws) who constantly tries to ruin his plans of delivering presents to children, but is always helped out by Edd and the gang. Santa Claus is voiced by Alex Farmer and Josh Tomar.
- Zanta Claws – The original Santa who is now a zombie. He thrives on ruining Christmas for the bad children but is always stopped by Edd, Matt and Tom. Zanta Claws is voiced by Josh Tomar.
- "BBC Comedy Clips: Almeratron". British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- thetomska (2016-03-16). "Goodbye, old friend". Tumblr. Retrieved 2016-03-16.
- Vaughan, Adam (5 November 2009). "Guardian: One Minute To Save The World". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "A Million Views on Copenhagen" (Press release). TVE. October 2010. Archived from the original on 20 March 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2011.