This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Eddsworld website logo
|Created by||Edd Gould|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Original network||Newgrounds (2003–16)|
|Original release||6 June 2003|
Eddsworld is a British comedic web series of flash animations, comics, and flash games created by Edd Gould. They are distributed on Newgrounds, DeviantArt, YouTube, Albino Blacksheep, Tumblr, and the BBC. They were previously distributed on SheezyArt and the main Eddsworld site until they were shut down. On 17 March 2016, Ridgewell announced that he had given control over Eddsworld to Hargreaves and Gould's family. On 1 January 2017 the show's website went back online with new Eddsworld comics being written and illustrated by Matt Hargreaves. Currently, the Eddsworld YouTube channel has around 1.8 million subscribers.
At the time of Gould's death in 2012, his YouTube channel had the most subscribers in the comedian category for the United Kingdom and was the 4th most viewed comedian of the United Kingdom. Eddsworld was noticed by the organizers of the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference who requested the creation of an episode about climate change, which was used in the opening ceremony of the conference.
- Edd (based on Edd Gould) – Edd wears a green hoodie and is obsessed with cola and bacon. He has the tendency to make puns much to the annoyance of the others. Edd was voiced by Gould until his death in 2012. In later episodes, he is voiced by Tim Hautekiet.
- Tom (based on Thomas Ridgewell) – Tom wears a blue hoodie. He has an attitude problem, is an alcoholic, deadpan and very uptight. He has a deep hatred for Christmas, and due to his mother being a bowling ball, and his father being a pineapple, he has no visible eyes. Tom is voiced by Ridgewell.
- Matt (based on Matt Hargreaves) – Matt wears a purple hoodie and a green overcoat and is vain, ginger and gullible. He is obsessed with his looks, and it is shown on "Hammer and Fail; Part 1" that he doesn't clean his room. Matt is voiced by Hargreaves.
- Tord (based on Tord Larsson) – Tord wears a red hoodie and is trigger-happy. He appeared alongside Edd, Matt, and Tom in various animations until 25ft Under the Seat, where he is shown driving away, symbolising his departure from the series. He returns in the Eddsworld: Legacy animation The End, where he claims his friendship with Edd was a lie, and he had just returned to get his giant robot. He destroys Edd's house, and attempts to take over the world until Tom stops him. Tord was voiced by Larsson, except in Eddsworld Christmas Special 2004 and parts of Zombeh Attack, where he was voiced by Alex L'Abbé. In The End, Tord is voiced by Jamie Spicer-Lewis.
- Paul (based on Paul ter Voorde) – Makes various appearances. Paul's first voiced appearance was in Moving Targets. Paul is voiced by Paul ter Voorde, who also animated several episodes following Gould's death.
- Eduardo – Eduardo is Edd's neighbour and rival who wears a green button shirt instead of a hoodie. Eduardo is voiced by Chris O'Neil and Brock Baker.
- Jon – Jon is Eduardo's victim of being called "an idiot". He wears a blue button shirt. Jon is killed indirectly by Tord in part two of The End. He has similar colored hair to Tom, and his eyes are smaller than Tom's. Jon is voiced by Eddie Bowley.
- Mark – Mark wears a purple turtleneck sweater, has a cleft chin, and has blonde hair. Mark is voiced by Ben Rudman.
- Patryck (based on Patryk Dudulewicz) – He appears in The Snogre (driving a plane alongside Paul), Fun Dead (shooting zombies), and The End (Picking up injured Tord). Patryck is voiced by Patryk Dudulewicz.
- Hellucard – Hellucard is known for his line, "Hey Edd!" which sounds like, "Ey Head!", due to his heavy Canadian accent. Hellucard is voiced by Dominic Charbonneau.
- Bing (bases on Christopher Bingham) – Bing (also known as "The Evil Director") is, as his nickname states, an evil director. He debuted in the Eddisode Spares, where he cloned Edd, Tom, Matt and Tord so he could make more money off of his film. He also appeared in Zanta Claws 3, where he delivers a robot to the group. Bing is voiced by Bingham.
- Larry – Larry is Bing's assistant and the foil to Bing's ignorance and stupidity, providing common sense to his plans, though Bing himself hardly listens. He wears a suit and has an eyepatch covering his right eye. Larry is voiced by Edd Gould.
- Santa Claus – After the original Santa died and became a zombie, this replacement Santa took on the role that the old one left behind. His arch-nemesis is the original Santa (now Zanta Claws) who constantly tries to ruin his plans of delivering presents to children, but is always helped out by Edd and the gang. Santa Claus is voiced by Alex Farmer and Josh Tomar.
- Zanta Claws – The original Santa who is now a zombie. He thrives on ruining Christmas for the bad children but is always stopped by Edd, Matt and Tom. Zanta Claws is voiced by Josh Tomar.
- "BBC Comedy Clips: Almeratron". British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- thetomska (16 March 2016). "Goodbye, old friend". Tumblr. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Edd Gould, now run by Matt Hargreaves (16 March 2006). "Eddsworld". YouTube. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- Vaughan, Adam (5 November 2009). "Guardian: One Minute To Save The World". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "A Million Views on Copenhagen" (Press release). TVE. October 2010. Archived from the original on 20 March 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "RIP Edd Gould (1988-2012)". Eddsworld (specifically Thomas Ridgewell (director after Edd's death) and Matt Hargreaves (current director). London: YouTube. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2018.