Eddy Ottoz c. 1968
3 June 1944 |
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb)|
|Event(s)||110 metres hurdles|
|Coached by||Sandro Calvesi|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||110 m hs: 13.46 (1968)|
Ottoz retired from competitions in 1969, aged 25. He became an athletics coach in 1986, and by 1992 trained hurdlers and sprinters of the Italy national athletics team. As a sports manager he was president of the Regional Committee of the CONI of the Valle d'Aosta. Since 2001 he has been a member of the national board of the same Olympic Committee and chair of the Regional Committee FIDAL of Valle d'Aosta.
- 110 metres hurdles: 13.46 ( Mexico City, 17 October 1968) – held until 30 August 1994 when it was broken by his son Laurent.
Ottoz was in the top 25 world year list for six consecutive seasons.
|1968||13.4||Mexico City||17 Oct||7th|
|1964||Olympic Games||Tokyo, Japan||4th||13.84|
|1966||European Indoor Games||Dortmund, West Germany||1st||7.7|
|European Championships||Budapest, Hungary||1st||13.7|
|1967||European Indoor Games||Prague, Czechoslovakia||1st||6.4|
|1968||European Indoor Games||Madrid, Spain||1st||6.52|
|Olympic Games||Mexico City, Mexico||3rd||13.46|
|1969||European Championships||Athens, Greece||1st||13.5|
- 5 wins in 110 metres hurdles at the Italian Athletics Championships (1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969)
- Italian all-time lists – 110 metres hurdles
- Italy national athletics team – Multiple medalists
- Ottoz family
- FIDAL Hall of Fame
- Eddy Ottoz. sports-reference.com
- "appeupré – l'avversione di eddy" (in Italian). eddy-mylife.blogspot.it. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Eddy Ottoz" (in Italian). fidal.it. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "eddy Ottoz – Top 25 Lists". trackfield.brinkster.net. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS". gbrathletics.com. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eddy Ottoz.|