Eddy Silvestre Pascual Israfilov
|Full name||Eddy Silvestre Pascual Israfilov|
|Date of birth||2 August 1992|
|Place of birth||Roquetas de Mar, Spain|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2014–2015||→ Granada (loan)||5||(0)|
|2015||→ Eibar (loan)||6||(0)|
|2016||→ Córdoba (loan)||14||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 October 2016
Eddy Silvestre Pascual Israfilov (born 2 August 1992), known as Eddy Silvestre, Eddi İsrafilov or simply Eddy, is an Azerbaijani footballer who plays for Spanish club Cádiz CF as an attacking midfielder. Born in Spain, he made his debut for Azerbaijan in 2015.
Born in Roquetas de Mar, Almería, through an Angolan father and an Azerbaijani mother, Eddy joined Milan's youth setup in 2005, aged 13, but moved to lowly La Mojonera CF two years later. In the 2010 summer he joined Real Murcia.
Eddy made his first-team debut on 8 May 2011, starting in a 2–1 home success against Jumilla CF for the Segunda División B championship; it was his maiden appearance in the competition as the Murcians were promoted at the end of the season. However, he spent several years with the B-side in Tercera División.
On 25 August 2012 Eddy played his first match as a professional, coming on as a substitute in a 3–2 win at Sporting de Gijón. On 26 January 2014 he scored his first goal, netting his side's second in a 2–2 home draw against RCD Mallorca.
On 1 September 2014 Eddy moved to La Liga side Granada CF, in a season-long loan deal with a buyout clause. He made his debut in the competition on the 20th, replacing Rubén Rochina in the 62nd minute of a 1–0 away success over Athletic Bilbao.
On 12 July 2015 Eddy was loaned to fellow league team SD Eibar, for one year. On 1 February of the following year, after being rarely used, he moved to second-tier Córdoba CF on loan until the end of season, and featured more regularly as the side made the play-offs.
Eddy's father, Domingo Pascual, was born in Luanda, Angola while his mother, Irada Israfilova, comes from Baku, Azerbaijan. As a result, he was eligible for these two countries, in addition to his native country, Spain.
On 8 January 2015, Azerbaijan's manager Robert Prosinečki declared that Eddy opted to represent the country. He made his debut on 28 March against Malta in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match, replacing Vuqar Nadirov for the final nine minutes of a 2–0 win at the Tofiq Bahramov Stadium.
|Spain||League||Copa del Rey||Europe||Other||Total|
|2010–11||Murcia||Segunda División B||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|2011–12||Murcia Imperial||Tercera División||23||0||—||—||—||23||0|
- Appearances in Segunda División play-offs
- "Del correccional al fútbol de élite" [From the reformatory to the elite football] (in Spanish). La Verdad. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Eddy Silvestre lidera al Murcia: un azerbaiyano que deslumbra en Segunda" [Eddy Silvestre leads Murcia: an Azerbaijani who stands out in Segunda] (in Spanish). Zoom News. 16 September 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Eddy se presenta ante su afición y Molino deja los mejores detalles en Nueva Condomina" [Eddy presents himself to the crowd and Molino leaves the best details at Nueva Condomina] (in Spanish). Info Deporte Murcia. 8 May 2011. Archived from the original on 25 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "El Sporting fracasa con un Murcia que jugó una hora con diez" [Sporting fails with a Murcia which played an hour with ten] (in Spanish). Marca. 25 August 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "El Mallorca se vuelve a quedar rozando la zona de promoción" [Mallorca draws near to promotion zones again]. Marca. 26 January 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Eddy Silvestre rojiblanco horizontal" [Eddy Silvestre straight rojiblanco] (in Spanish). Granada's official website. 1 September 2014. Archived from the original on 29 October 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Athletic Bilbao 0–1 Granada". ESPN FC. 20 September 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Eddy Silvestre y Sergi Enrich, nuevos jugadores de la SD Eibar para la temporada 2015–2016" [Eddy Silvestre and Sergi Enrich, new players of SD Eibar for the 2015–2016 season] (in Spanish). Eibar's official website. 12 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Eddy Silvestre refuerza la medular del Córdoba" [Eddy Silvestre reinforces Córdoba's midfield] (in Spanish). Marca. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Acuerdo entre el Real Murcia y el Cádiz para el traspaso de Eddy" [Agreement between Murcia and Cádiz for the transfer of Eddy] (in Spanish). Cádiz CF. 18 August 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Millimizin yeni oyunçusu Eddi İsrafilov kimdir?" [Who is Eddy Israfilov, our new player?]. Qol.az (in Azerbaijani). 10 May 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Фогтс позвал в сборную полузащитника Мурсии [Vogts calls up Murcia midifielder to the national team]. Azerisport.com (in Russian). 10 May 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Eddy Silvestre renuncia a jugar con Azerbaiyán por el Murcia" [Eddy Silvestre refuses to play with Azerbaijan for Murcia] (in Spanish). Marca. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Eddi İsrafilov yığmamızda oynamaq təklifini qəbul edib" [Eddy Israfilov has accepted the offer to play the national team] (in Azerbaijani). Association of Football Federations of Azerbaijan. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Prosinečki prospers as Azerbaijan master Malta". UEFA. 28 March 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- Eddy Israfilov at Soccerway. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Eddy Israfilov Club matches". Worldfootball.net. Retrieved 24 August 2013.