|Born||Edward C. Waller
June 14, 1889
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Died||August 20, 1977
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Stroke|
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills, California|
Waller worked in vaudeville and theater before he entered Hollywood, having appeared in more than 250 sound films between 1929 and 1963, including 116 westerns and six serials. He is best remembered as Nugget Clark, the sidekick in many films starring Allan 'Rocky' Lane between 1947 and 1953.
In 1956 Waller became Rusty Lee, the saddle partner to actor Douglas Kennedy in the short-lived television series, Steve Donovan, Western Marshal. After that, he appeared in several A-westerns and television programs and was a semi-regular as Mose Shell, the dedicated stagecoach driver, in nineteen episodes of the NBC western series, Laramie, with John Smith and Robert Fuller.
Waller had a supporting role in the 1957-1958 syndicated series, Casey Jones starring Alan Hale, Jr. (later of Gilligan's Island). Waller played "Red Rock", the train conductor of Casey's Cannonball Express. Other roles on the series were filled by child actor Bobby Clark and Dub Taylor.
- Meet Nero Wolfe (1936)
- The Public Pays (1936)
- Call the Mesquiteers (1938)
- New Frontier (1939)
- Allegheny Uprising (1939)
- Jesse James (1939)
- The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
- Sergeant York (1941)
- The Mummy's Tomb (1942)
- Cinderella Swings It (1943)
- A Lady Takes a Chance (1943)
- The Adventures of Mark Twain (1944)
- San Antonio (1945)
- The Missing Corpse (1945)
- Dakota (1945)
- A Boy and His Dog (1946)
- The Strawberry Roan (1948)
- Ma and Pa Kettle (1949, uncredited)
- California Passage (1950)
- Leadville Gunslinger (1952)
- El Paso Stampede (1953)
- It Happens Every Thursday (1953)
- Make Haste to Live (1954)
- Man Without a Star (1955)
- The Night Runner (1957)
- Secret Agent X-9 (1937)
- The Great Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok (1938)
- Junior G-Men of the Air (1942)
- Mystery of the River Boat (1944)
- Ford Theatre (1952–1955)
- The Lone Ranger (1953–1955)
- The Cisco Kid (1954)
- Letter to Loretta (1954)
- Four Star Playhouse (1955)
- Steve Donovan, Western Marshal (1955–1956, supporting role)
- Fury (1956, episode "Tungsten Queen")
- Broken Arrow (1957)
- Casey Jones (1957–1958, supporting role)
- Wagon Train as Ned in "The Jennifer Churchill Story" (1958)
- The Texan, 2 episodes (1959)
- The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp as Rawhide Geraghty in "The Truth About Rawhide Geraghty" (1959); Hugh O'Brian as Wyatt Earp rides shotgun for the retiring 69-year-old Wells Fargo stagecoach driver Rawhide Geraghty on his last run from Tucumcari, New Mexico Territory, to Amarillo, Texas. The trip is hazardous with bandits and hostile Apache, and Rawhide is apprehensive about what he and Earp will face.
- Man Without a Gun (1959)
- Man Without a Gun in "The Giant" (1959)
- Wanted: Dead or Alive as Pop Cole in "The Empty Cell" (1959)
- Tales of Wells Fargo, 2 episodes (1959–1961)
- Pony Express as Nate in "The Search" (1960)
- Shotgun Slade in "The Missing Dog" (1960)
- Outlaws as Forsythe in "Roly" (1961)
- Laramie (1959–1962, recurring role)
- Disneyland (1960–1962)
- Bonanza as Harry in "The First Born" (1962)
- Dr. Kildare (1962)
- Empire as Abel Saunders in "The Earth Mover" (1962)
- Lassie, 8 episodes, four as Matt Krebbs (1960-1963, his final television role)
- "TV-Dial-O-Logue: 11 Casey Jones (Adventure)". The San Bernardino County Sun. August 14, 1958. p. 42. Retrieved April 28, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Private Rites Held for Character Actor Eddy C. Waller". Valley News. August 24, 1977. p. 42. Retrieved April 27, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "The Truth About Rawhide Geraghty (February 17, 1959)". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved July 9, 2013.