Eden Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Eden Township, Licking County, Ohio|
The Falling Rock Camp Bridge over Rocky Fork Creek
Location in Licking County
|• Total||21.4 sq mi (55.5 km2)|
|• Land||21.4 sq mi (55.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,007 ft (307 m)|
|• Density||58.0/sq mi (22.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086455|
Located on the northern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Clay Township, Knox County - north
- Jackson Township, Knox County - northeast
- Fallsbury Township - east
- Perry Township - southeast corner
- Mary Ann Township - south
- Newton Township - southwest
- Washington Township - west
No municipalities are located in Eden Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.