|• Total||0.68 sq mi (1.77 km2)|
|• Land||0.68 sq mi (1.77 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||3,474 ft (1,059 m)|
|• Density||167/sq mi (64.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||771137|
Edgar is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Carbon County, Montana, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 114. Edgar has a post office with a ZIP code 59026. The post office was established May 28, 1909 with John J. Thornton as its first postmaster. Thornton named the town after his brother.
Edgar lies east of the intersection of U.S. Route 310 and Elwell Street. Edgar is south of Rockvale and northeast of Fromberg. Edgar is a small, agricultural community with a number of silos and elevators. It is also home to a bar & grill restaurant and some other services.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Edgar CDP, Montana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Edgar, Montana
- Zip Code Lookup
- Lutz, Dennis J (1986). Montana Post Offices & Postmasters.
- "Edgar". Montana Place Names Companion. Montana Historical Society. Retrieved 2 April 2021.