Edgar Bruno da Silva
|Full name||Edgar Bruno da Silva|
|Date of birth||3 January 1987|
|Place of birth||São Carlos, Brazil|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2006||→ São Paulo (loan)||3||(0)|
|2008||→ Académica (loan)||11||(3)|
|2008||→ Red Star (loan)||8||(1)|
|2009–2010||→ Nacional (loan)||24||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 February 2017.
Born in São Carlos, São Paulo, Edgar started professionally for São Paulo FC in 2006, being loaned by Série C side Joinville Esporte Clube. In January 2007 he moved to Portugal with S.C. Beira-Mar, scoring four league goals which proved insufficient in avoiding relegation from the Primeira Liga; also in that year, he was part of the Brazilian under-20 team that won the South American Youth Championship.
In the 2007 summer transfer window, Edgar was transferred to FC Porto but, after featuring sparingly, moved on loan to fellow league club Associação Académica de Coimbra. He joined Red Star Belgrade in Serbia in July 2008 on a season-long loan, but, in January of the following year, he was released by Porto and returned to Brazil, signing for CR Vasco da Gama.
In August 2009, Edgar returned to Portugal after agreeing to join C.D. Nacional, which had just lost Nenê – 2008–09's league top scorer – to Cagliari Calcio. He started off well, netting four times in only three games, including twice in a 2–1 derby win against C.S. Marítimo and a hat-trick at Leixões SC (4–2).
Edgar enjoyed another productive season in 2010–11, scoring ten goals in the league with Vitória de Guimarães to help the Minho team qualify to the UEFA Europa League. He also netted five in seven appearances in the campaign's Portuguese Cup, including one in the final against Porto, albeit in a 2–6 loss – he also missed a penalty kick with the score levelled at 2–2.
In July 2012, Edgar moved to UAE Pro-League side Al Shabab (Dubai) on a one-year contract. On 16 August 2016, he left Al-Wasl F.C. also in the UAE Arabian Gulf League and signed a two-year deal with Turkish club Adanaspor, being released the following January.
- São Paulo
- Al Shabab
- Brazil U20
- Lanterna do Português assina com Edgar, sub-20 do São Paulo (Bottom-placed Portuguese Championship signs Edgar, São Paulo's under-20); Notícias, 25 November 2011 (in Portuguese)
- Striker Edgar's presentation to take place this Thursday at 14.00; Vasco da Gama, January 2008 (in Portuguese)
- Relentless Porto destroy Guimaraes to lift Portuguese Cup; PortuGOAL, 22 May 2011
- Al Shabab sign a one-season contract with Brazilian Edgar; Pro League, July 2012
- Edgar Silva Adanaspor’da (Edgar Silva to Adanaspor), Goal.com, 16 August 2016 (in Turkish)
- Adanaspor'da Edgar Silva ile yollar ayrıldı (Edgar Silva and Adanaspor part ways), Fanatik, 27 January 2017 (in Turkish)
- "Edgar Silva". Soccerway. Retrieved 21 February 2017.