Edgar Charles Polomé
Edgar Charles Polomé (31 July 1920 – 11 March 2000) was a Belgian Indo-Europeanist, and professor of comparative religions and languages at the University of Texas. He studied at the Free University of Brussels from 1938, specializing in Germanic philology.
Polomé came to the University of Texas in 1960, where he became tenured at the Department of Germanic Languages.
- Old Norse Literature and Mythology (1969)
- Language in Tanzania (1980)
- Language, Society and Paleoculture (1982)
- The Indo-Europeans in the Fourth and Third Millennia B.C. (1982)
- Essays on Germanic Religion (1989)
- Research Guide to Language Change (1990)
- Reconstructing Languages and Cultures (1992)
- Indo-European Religion after Dumézil (1996)
- Miscellanea Indo-Europea (1999)
|This article on a Belgian linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|