Edgar David Villanueva
Dr Edgar David Villanueva Núñez is a politician and congressman in the Republic of Peru. He is best known for introducing a bill to mandate use of free software in public agencies. The introduction of the Bill 1609 invited the attention of Microsoft, to whose letter Dr Villanueva wrote a famous reply. 
Both the Bill and Dr Villanueva's letter have been widely cited by pro-active governments and Free Software activists as a convincing rationale behind the introduction of Free Software in Governments.
- Agustin d'Empaire (2002-02-27). "Microsoft's Big Stick in Peru". Wired. Retrieved 2007-08-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dee-Ann LeBlanc and Stacey Tipton (2002-05-21). "Ending Microsoft FUD: An Interview with Peruvian Congressman Villanueva". Linux Today. Retrieved 2007-08-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Petter Reinholdtsen (2010-12-25). "The reply from Edgar Villanueva to Microsoft in Peru". Retrieved 2012-10-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Clarke, G. Peru's parliament approves pro-open source bill. theregister.co.uk. URL: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/29/peru_goes_open_source/. Accessed on: 13 December 2009.
- Kanellos, M. Peru's president approves open-source bill. CNET.com. URL: http://news.cnet.com/Perus-president-approves-open-source-bill/2110-7344_3-5907226.html. Accessed on: 13 December 2009.