Edgar J. Sia II
Edgar Jaruda Sia II
1977 (age 41–42)
|Alma mater||University of San Agustin (dropped out)|
|Known for||Chairman, CEO, and Director of Double Dragon Philippines, Inc.|
|Net worth||$820 million (August 2017)|
Edgar "Injap" J. Sia II (born 1977) is a Filipino businessman. Sia is the chairman of DoubleDragon Properties (and co-owner with billionaire Tony Tan Caktiong), and the founder of the Mang Inasal fast food restaurant chain.
Sia was born in Iloilo City in 1977 and grew up in Roxas City, the eldest of three siblings having parents from both Capiz and Iloilo. He was nicknamed "Injap", a portmanteau of "Intsik" (the Filipino pejorative for a Chinese person) and "Japanese"; as his father, Edgar Sr., is half Chinese, while his mother, the former Pacita Jaruda, is half Japanese.
In 2009, Sia founded Injap Land Corporation (now DoubleDragon Properties Corporation), developer of CityMall chain of malls . In 2014, DoubleDragon Properties became a public company. DoubleDragon has been developing commercial and residential properties and reportedly plans to build 100 malls by 2020. In August 2016, the company announced it was acquiring a majority stake in Hotel of Asia, Inc.
Sia is married with two children and lives in the Philippines.
- "Edgar Sia". Double Dragon Philippines, Inc. webpage. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Edgar Sia". Forbes.com. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- Phyliss Fang Savage (22 June 2011). "Edgar Sia's Fast-Food Cashout". Forbes.com. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- Josiah Go (29 August 2016). "Edgar Sia II is Youngest Filipino Billionaire by Josiah Go | The Marketing Mentor". Josiahgo.com. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "How a college dropout became a billionaire". Rappler.com. 18 July 2012. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Apea / Philippines / Edgar Injap Sia Ii — Enterprise Asia". Enterpriseasia.org. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Success Story of Injap Sia: Youngest Billionaire in PH". Philippine Primer. 17 July 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
|This business-related biographical article from the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|