||This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Louis Lombardi as Edgar Stiles
|First appearance||Day 4 – Episode 1|
|Last appearance||Day 5 – Episode 13|
|Portrayed by||Louis Lombardi|
Edgar had experience as an Intelligence Analyst at CTU as well as being a protocol manager. He had Bachelor of Science in Computer Applications with honors from New York University.
24: Season 4
Edgar was at first seen as the patsy of Chloe O'Brian, though as Day 4 went on, Edgar took his own stand. Even so, the two remained good friends.
Edgar was the agent who realized that fellow agent Sarah Gavin was innocent of conspiring with the enemy, and that fellow agent Marianne Taylor was in fact guilty. Edgar would eventually prove this all to Erin Driscoll, who would fire Taylor and re-establish Gavin.
Edgar was the main hero behind the Nuclear Plant Meltdown Crisis, managing to stabilize 98 Plants without the ever-crucial Dobson Override. A few hours later, all but one plant (located at San Gabriel Island) was stabilized, but ironically that one plant eventually prompted his mother to commit suicide.
After Chloe was forced to resign and Gavin was fired, Edgar had complete control of the Analyst department of CTU and when Chloe was rehired by Acting Director Michelle Dessler. Chloe was "technically" working for Edgar, much to his approval. In truth, they both shared the same post after Chloe was rehired, but according to Curtis Manning, "It's just on paper, it has to look that way." To stop further squabbling, he reassured Chloe that she would be given a promotion of two pay grades and a higher clearance.
24: Season 5
Edgar was still working at CTU at the start of Day 5, shocked like most CTU staff that Jack Bauer was still alive, and potentially a suspect in the murder of former President David Palmer. He was particularly irked at Chloe for not telling him that she knew about Jack's true whereabouts, to which she claims it was a matter of national security. She then makes a sarcastic comment about trying to be more open with Edgar, which causes him to be somewhat taken aback. This confrontation, along with the fact he was surprised to realize that Chloe was seeing fellow CTU Techie Spenser Wolff, made Edgar feel generally strained by someone he considered a good friend.
At 6:59 p.m. in Day 5, during a Sentox nerve gas attack on CTU, Stiles was returning to the main room after trying to check on a colleague, Carrie Bendis, who had gone to check a ventilator system that set off a "trouble flag." He did not make it back in time, and failed to enter the situation room before it was locked down. He died quickly thereafter from inhaling the nerve gas. He receives the silent clock in tribute, at 6:59:52. His last word was "Chloe".
In the Marc Cerasini novel 24 Declassified: Trojan Horse Edgar helps Jack at a mobile command center for CTU.
- "FOX Broadcasting Company: 24". FOX 24. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- Writer: Joel Surnow Director: Jon Cassar (2005-04-18). "12:00 AM - 1:00 AM". 24. Season 4. Episode 90.
- Writer: Peter Lenkov Director: Jon Cassar (2005-01-17). "11:00 PM - 12:00 AM". 24. Season 4. Episode 77.
- Writer: Stepehn Kronish & Peter M. Lenkov Director: Ken Girotti (2005-02-07). "2:00 PM - 3:00 PM". 24. Season 4. Episode 80.
- Writer: Joel Surnow & Michael Loceff Director: Ken Girotti (2005-01-31). "1:00 PM - 2:00 PM". 24. Season 4. Episode 79.
- Writer: Howard Gordon & Evan Katz Director: Brad Turner (2005-02-14). "3:00 PM - 4:00 PM". 24. Season 4. Episode 81.
- Writer: Joel Surnow Director: Bryan Spicer (2005-03-28). "9:00 PM - 10:00 PM". 24. Season 4. Episode 87.
- Writer: Howard Gordon Director: Jon Cassar (2006-01-15). "7:00am-8:00am". 24. Season 5. Episode 97.
- Writer: Duppy Demetrius & Matt Michnovetz Director: Jon Cassar (2006-03-06). "6:00 PM - 7:00 PM". 24. Season 5. Episode 108.
- Writer: Robert Cochran Director: Jon Cassar. "6:00 AM - 7:00 AM". 24.
- "Second Wave Merchandise - 24: Declassified". Retrieved 2008-05-14.