Edgemere is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Queens, extending from Beach 32nd to Beach 52nd Street on the Rockaway Peninsula. It contains Rockaway Community Park. Arverne is to the west, and Far Rockaway to the east. Edgemere was founded in 1892 by Frederick J. Lancaster, who originally called it New Venice. The neighborhood is part of Queens Community Board 14.
- Rockaway Community Park NYC Parks
- The Rockaways. Accessed October 2, 2007. "Edgemere was developed by Frederick J. Lancaster in 1892. The area was a sandy waste, with only two or three houses and the Half-Way House. Mr. Lancaster called the place New Venice."
- Queens Community Boards, New York City. Accessed September 3, 2007.
- Nathan Kensinger Photography 2010 photo essay on southern Edgemere
- Nathan Kensinger Photography 2010 photo essay on northern Edgemere
|This article about a location in Queens, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|