|No. 56, 50|
|Date of birth:||May 27, 1978|
|Place of birth:||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2001 / Round: 4 / Pick: 126|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Edgerton "Ed" Hartwell, II (born May 27, 1978) is a former American football linebacker. He played college football at Western Illinois and was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth round of the 2001 NFL Draft. Hartwell was also a member of the Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders and Las Vegas Locomotives.
Hartwell attended Cheyenne High School in North Las Vegas, Nevada and was a letterman in football, basketball, and track. In football, he was a USA Today All-USA honorable mention selection as a senior. He played college football at Western Illinois University.
Hartwell was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth round of the 2001 NFL Draft. He played for the Ravens from 2001 to 2004. He never missed a game, though he was limited to special teams in 2001. He finished his career with the Ravens with 337 tackles, six sacks and one interception.
After the 2004 season, Hartwell became a free agent and was signed to a six-year, $26.25 million contract by the Atlanta Falcons. He spent two injury-plagued seasons with the Falcons before being released on March 2, 2007. He played in only 13 games recording 63 tackles and one sack.
Las Vegas Locomotives
Hartwell signed with the Las Vegas Locomotives in 2010. Coincidentally, Las Vegas is Ed Hartwell's place of birth.
Edgerton Hartwell eloped with Lisa Wu-Hartwell of The Real Housewives of Atlanta on December 31, 2005. They had a formal ceremony on May 20, 2006 at The Verandas in Santa Monica, California. Their son Ed Jr. was born May 9, 2007. Lisa also has sons Jordan (b. 1995) and Justin (b. 1998) with ex-husband Keith Sweat.
Ed announced their separation in August 2011 via his Facebook page. On October 7, 2011, their divorce was final.
Hartwell is featured in seasons 1 and 2 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, a Bravo TV reality show that follows the life of the Hartwells and several other Housewives and their families. Lisa and Ed Hartwell had several aspiring businesses such as a real estate firm called Hartwell and Associates, a jewelry line called Wu Girls, a t-shirt line called Hart 2 Hart Clothing, a women's clothing line called Closet Freaks, and a baby clothing line called Hart 2 Hart Baby.
According to an article on Bankrate.com, a consumer financial services company, court records posted on TMZ.com show the couple borrowed $2.9 million to buy their suburban mansion in June 2007. Just over two years later, Bank of America paid $1.9 million for the house at a foreclosure sale at the Forsyth County, Ga. courthouse, after the Hartwells defaulted on their adjustable-rate mortgage from the bank.
- Hartwell signs With Atlanta
- http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2010/05/10/ej-hartwells-zoorific-birthday happy 3rd Birthday EJ!
- http://straightfromthea.com/2012/01/04/former-rhoa-lisa-wu-hartwell-ed-hartwell-divorce-final-court-documents Former RHOA Lisa Wu Hartwell and Ed Hartwell's Divorce: Final Court Documents
- jaymie (November 2008). "Atlanta "Housewive" Lisa Wu Hartwell". Asiancemagazine.com.
- "Lisa Wu Hartwell's Jewelry Collection". Essence.com. Essence Magazine.
- "Lisa Wu Closet Freak". Essence.com. Essence Magazine.
- "Designs by Lisa Wu Hartwell". Essence.com. Essence Magazine.
- "Theyre rich and famous and in foreclosure". Bankrate.com. Bankrate.com.
- "Former RHOA Lisa Wu Hartwell and Ed Hartwell's Divorce: Final Court Documents". StraightFromTheA.com.