Edgewood station (MARC)
|MARC commuter rail station|
Looking northbound at Edgewood station; the station building is at left and the smaller northbound shelter at right
|Location||2127 Old Edgewood Road
Edgewood, MD 21040
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||May 1, 1991|
|Passengers (2013)||296 (MARC)|
Edgewood is a passenger rail station on MARC Train's Penn Line. The station is also on the southern section of the Northeast Corridor; however, most Amtrak service does not stop. Southbound Northeast Regional train #151, which is cross-ticketed as a MARC train, stops at Edgewood to receive MARC passengers.
Edgewood station serves the southern terminus of Maryland Route 755 which terminates at an entrance to the Aberdeen Proving Ground. Parking is available on both sides of the tracks. The station is also located east of Amtrak's Edgewood Interlocking Tower, previously owned by the Pennsylvania Railroad.
- Reid, Bruce (1991-05-01). "Commuter rail, Perryville to Baltimore, starts today: MARC line's new Susquehanna Flyer out to attract commuters. ALL ABOARD!". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "MARC/Amtrak - Edgewood, MD". trainweb.org. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "History of Edgewood". Edgewood, Maryland. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Media related to Edgewood station (MARC) at Wikimedia Commons
- Edgewood station official website
- Edgewood Road entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Edgewood MARC Station (Road and Rail Pictures)
|This Maryland train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|