Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre
Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre (ESPC) is a Scottish-based property marketing company with its headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland. The company lists properties from a network of around 200 Solicitor Estate Agents and markets them through its website, espc.com, a free weekly property newspaper and its showrooms in Edinburgh and Dunfermline. If a home owner wishes to advertise their home with the ESPC they must use the services of a solicitor estate agent. Homes registered with a non-solicitor estate agent cannot be advertised with ESPC.
Following financial losses in 2007–2008 and 2008–2009, ESPC returned to profitability in the business year 2009–2010. The return to profit was achieved through a programme of cost reduction and focusing on core business of marketing property for sale in Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife. In 2010-2011, ESPC had a record year with profits of £1.46million despite the continued slow property market.
All ESPC Solicitor Estate Agent activities are regulated by the Law Society of Scotland. Any business that wishes to use the services of ESPC must operate under the Law Society of Scotland's Master Policy for Professional Indemnity Insurance.
With the number of properties that are sold through the ESPC, it is frequently asked by the media to comment on how the residential property market and house prices in Scotland are changing, for example:
- "Companies House WebCheck". Wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "ESPC stages turnaround as job cuts drive return to black after four years - Business - Scotsman.com". Thescotsman.scotsman.com. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- McCulloch, Scott (2011-09-19). "Business News - Property - Profits up 127% for Edinburgh Solicitors' Property Centre". Business7. Archived from the original on 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Law Society of Scotland". Lawscot.org.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
-  Archived 3 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Surprise rise in Scottish house prices". Daily Record. 2009-04-03. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Hint of green shoots after house prices edge up again - The Scotsman". News.scotsman.com. 2009-05-29. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Scotland's saw-edged route to property prosperity - The Scotsman". News.scotsman.com. 2009-09-10. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Lenders rejecting single surveys for loans - The Scotsman". Scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com. 2009-11-28. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Big homes 'boost' property prices". BBC News. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2013-11-03.