|Province of Turkey|
Location of Edirne Province in Turkey
|• Electoral district||Edirne|
|• Total||6,279 km2 (2,424 sq mi)|
|• Density||62/km2 (160/sq mi)|
Edirne Province (Turkish: Edirne ili) is a province of Turkey, located in Eastern Thrace along the Greek and Bulgarian border. The city's wealth, population and importance increased after it was declared as the capital city of the Ottoman Empire. Edirne still maintains its importance under the Turkish Government.
It is named for its capital, Edirne.
Edirne province is divided into 9 districts (capital district in bold):
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edirne Province.|
|Wikisource has the text of a 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article about Edirne Province (Ottoman Empire).|
- Edirne governor's official website (Turkish)
- Edirne municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Pictures of the capital of this province with its many great mosques
- Edirne Weather Forecast Information
|This geographical article about a location in Edirne Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|