Edison Preparatory School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Edison Preparatory School|
2906 East 41st Street
|School district||Tulsa Public Schools|
|Number of students||1,180 in the HS, 824 in the MS|
|Color(s)||Kelly Green Eggshell White|
The school was recently ranked by Newsweek as the #467 best high school in the nation. This ranking puts them #2 in Tulsa and #3 in Oklahoma. In 2005, 92 percent of Edison seniors graduated. Edison has more than 30 clubs and organizations for the estimated 2,220 students enrolled. The school recently became a "Program of Choice" (replacing the former program called Magnet Schools). The school offers a wide variety of classes including three foreign languages (French, Spanish, Chinese). They also offer classes that range from Music, Leadership, and Drama.
The school opened in 1956 on a 44-acre (180,000 m2) lot on 41st street between Harvard and Lewis.
Edison Preparatory has Extracurricular classes, like their [Marching Band] and their [Choir], which consistently gets finals at contests such as [Oologah] and [Bixby]
- Tom Adelson - State Senator
- Larry Drake - Actor, multiple Emmy winner
- Bill Goldberg (born 1966), professional NFL football player, undefeated wrestler, and actor
- Bill Hader - Actor/comedian
- William F. Martin - United States Deputy Secretary of Energy
- Kevin Pritchard - Basketball player, NBA general manager (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Carl Radle - bass guitarist for Derek and the Dominos
- Bill Raffensperger - Tulsa Sound musician, bassist for J. J. Cale
- Nancy Riley - State Senator
- Susan Savage - Former mayor of Tulsa
- Phil Seymour - musician
- Ted Shackelford - Actor
- Spencer Tillman - All-American Running Back (Oklahoma), TV Sports Analyst
- Jeanne Tripplehorn - Actress
- Dwight Twilley - musician
- Tim Stanley, "Publicity-shy rocker was one of the greats", Tulsa World, January 14, 2010.
- Gene Triplett, "Tulsan Dwight Twilley records musical autobiography", The Oklahoman, September 30, 2011.
- Edison Preparatory School Homepage
- Tulsa Public Schools Homepage
- Edison Eagles Alumni Site
- Edison Eagles Class of 1981 Alumni Site
|This Oklahoma school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|