Edison Preparatory School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Edison Preparatory School|
|2906 East 41st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74105
|School district||Tulsa Public Schools|
|Number of students||1,247 (HS at end of 2013), 942 (MS at end of 2013)|
|Color(s)||Kelly Green Eggshell White|
The school was recently ranked by Newsweek as the #467 best high school in the nation. This ranking puts them #2 in Tulsa and #3 in Oklahoma. In 2005, 92 percent of Edison seniors graduated. Edison has more than 30 clubs and organizations for the estimated 2,220 students enrolled. The school recently became a "Program of Choice" (replacing the former program called Magnet Schools). The school offers a wide variety of classes including several foreign languages (French, German, Latin, Russian, Spanish, Chinese). They also offer classes that range from TV Production to Leadership to Drama.
The school opened in 1956 on a 44-acre (180,000 m2) lot on 41st Street in between Harvard and Lewis.
- Tom Adelson - State Senator
- Larry Drake - Actor, multiple Emmy winner
- Bill Goldberg - Professional wrestler, actor
- Bill Hader - Actor/comedian
- Kevin Pritchard - Basketball player, NBA general manager (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Carl Radle - bass guitarist for Derek and the Dominos
- Bill Raffensperger - Tulsa Sound musician, bassist for J. J. Cale
- Nancy Riley - State Senator
- Susan Savage - Past mayor of Tulsa
- Phil Seymour - musician
- Ted Shackelford - Actor
- Spencer Tillman - All-American Running Back (Oklahoma), TV Sports Analyst
- Jeanne Tripplehorn - Actress
- Dwight Twilley - musician
- Tim Stanley, "Publicity-shy rocker was one of the greats", Tulsa World, January 14, 2010.
- Gene Triplett, "Tulsan Dwight Twilley records musical autobiography", The Oklahoman, September 30, 2011.
- Edison Preparatory School Homepage
- Tulsa Public Schools Homepage
- Edison Eagles Alumni Site
- Edison Eagles Class of 1981 Alumni Site
|This Oklahoma school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|