Atwater in 1961.
|Born||April 22, 1911
|Died||March 14, 1986
Los Angeles, California
|Spouse(s)||Kent Smith (1962–1985; his death)
Hugh Marlowe (divorced)
Edith Atwater (April 22, 1911 – March 14, 1986) was an American stage, film and television actress.
From 1964 to 1965, Atwater appeared in several episodes of the television series Peyton Place in the role of Grace Morton, wife of Dr. Robert Morton, who was played by her real-life husband Kent Smith. During the 1966–1967 television season, she appeared in the series Love on a Rooftop. She was also a regular on the television series Kaz during the 1978–1979 season. Her other television work included appearances on The Rockford Files, Hazel, Knots Landing, and numerous other series.
Atwater was married to actor Hugh Marlowe from 1941 to 1946. She was married to actor Kent Smith from 1962 until his death in 1985, a year before her own death from cancer in 1986. She had no children.
- "Edith Atwater Is Dead at 74; Actress in Theater and Film" New York Times, March 17, 1986
- Edith Atwater at the Internet Movie Database
- Edith Atwater at the Internet Broadway Database
- Edith Atwater at AllMovie
- "Edith Atwater". Find a Grave. Retrieved September 3, 2010.