Édith Selig-Papée is a French classical soprano in concert, opera and Lied, known for singing music of Johann Sebastian Bach and French composers. She has been teaching at the École Normale de Musique de Paris.
She recorded Bach cantatas with Fritz Werner, the Heinrich-Schütz-Chor Heilbronn and the Pforzheim Chamber Orchestra, including Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis, BWV 21, an early ambitious work in eleven movements, performed in Weimar in 1714 on the third Sunday after Trinity. She also recorded with the same ensemble Bach's Actus tragicus and Easter Oratorio. In the 1960s she recorded Bach's Magnificat and Missa in F Major, BWV 233, with Karl Ristenpart, Claudia Hellmann, Georg Jelden, Jakob Stämpfli and Maurice André (trumpet).
She has specialized in singing works of French composers. In 1960 she recorded in Paris Gluck's Orfeo ed Euridice, conducted by Charles Bruck, with Rita Gorr and Nadine Sautereau. In 1963 she recorded Rameau's Acte de ballet Pigmalion, conducted by Marcel Couraud. She recorded the Te Deum of Esprit Joseph Antoine Blanchard, conducted by Louis Frémaux. In 1996 she recorded the Te Deum of Marc-Antoine Charpentier with the Paul Kuentz Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Paul Kuentz.
Along with voice teachers such as Régine Crespin and Jakob Stämpfli, Edith Selig-Papée was a founding member of the European Voice Teachers Association (EVTA) in 1988. She has lectured internationally, such as on La Mélodie Francaise in Detmold and Philadelphia.
- "Symphonie N.2 en ut mineur Auferstehung". gustavmahler.net. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Cantata BWV 21 Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis". bach-cantatas.com. 2007. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- John Quinn (2004-11-01). "Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) Cantatas Volume 1". musicweb-international.com. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Magnificat in D major BWV 243 Recordings - Part 3". bach-cantatas.com. 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Indice alfabetico G" (in Spanish). TodOpera. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- "Rameau Pigmalion Acte de ballet". Gramophone. 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "O. B. Sharp II Collection". Memorial University Libraries. 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Codex - Lalande, Mouret: Symphonies & Fanfares / Kuentz". ArkivMusic. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Music Director". Alata Harmonia Chorus Of Canada. 2005. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Eine kurze Geschichte der EVTA" (PDF) (in German). European Voice Teachers Association. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- "Das APCS Bulletin" (PDF) (in German). L'Association des Professeurs de Chant de Suisse. 1994. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "23" Concours international de chant de Paris" (in French). ufam. 2001. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- Programme des Prix Lyriques 4 nov. 2010 "auprès d'Édith Selig puis Mireille Alcantara."