Edith Woodman Burroughs
Edith Woodman Burroughs (1871 in Riverdale-on-Hudson, New York – 1916 in Flushing, Queens) was an American sculptor. Woodman began studying with master artists art at the early age of 15, working with Kenyon Cox and Augustus Saint Gaudens at the Art Students League. By the age of 18 she was supporting herself by designing objects for churches as well as for the Tiffany and Company.
In 1893 she married artist Bryson Burroughs, the future curator of paintings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. She spent the next two years in Paris where she studied with Jean-Antoine Injalbert and Luc-Olivier Merson. In 1907 she won the Shaw Memorial Prize front the National Academy of Design for a work Circe that was subsequently shown at a major exhibit in Baltimore 
Woodman Burroughs designed two fountains for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco. Her Fountain of Youth figure, showing the sweet tenderness, a maidenly lovliness  won a silver medal at the Expo.
Her work can be found in numerous museums and galleries including:
- Oakland Museum, Oakland, California
- R.W. Norton Art Gallery, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Newark Museum, Newark, New Jersey
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
- Brookgreen Gardens, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
- Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument, San Simeon, California
- Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island
- Rubenstein, Charlotte Streifer, American Women Sculptors, G.K. Hall & Co., Boston 1990 pp. 236-238
- Gardner, Albert TenEyck (1965). American Sculpture: A Catalogue of the Collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art. p. 107. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Raynor, Vivien (1984-03-02). "ART: BRYSON BURROUGHS, WORK INSPIRED BY MYTH". The New York Times. New York: New York Times. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Proske, Beatrice Gilman, Brookgreen Gardens Sculpture, Brookgreen Gardens, South Carolina, 1968 p. 261
- Catalogue of the Exhibition of the National Sculpture Society Under the Auspices of the Municipal Art Society of Baltimore. Fifth Regiment Armory, April 4th To April 25th Inclusive, Nineteen Eight
- Proske, Beatrice Gilman, Brookgreen Gardens Sculpture, Brookgreen Gardens, South Carolina, 1943 p. 279
- Gardner, p. 107
- Chaney, Sheldon, Art Lover's Guide to the Exposition: Explanation of the Architecture Sculpture & Mural Paintings with a Guide for Study in the Art Gallery, At the Sign of the Berkeley Oak, Berkeley, California 1915 p, 51
- 1913 Armory Show 50th Anniversary Exhibition, 1963 Henry Street Settlement, NY 1963 p. 184
- Levy, Florence Nightingale (1917). American Art Annual, Volume 13. MacMillan Company. p. 313.