This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Launched||May 15, 1997|
Edline is a Learning Community Management System that many schools use for school and class organization. It provides district, school and classroom level website support for administrators, parents, teachers and students from kindergarten through 12th grade.
The firm's website states that its service is used by schools in all 50 U.S. states and has been featured in publications such as Newsweek. The firm has acquired the earlier-established competitive products of Jackson Software, the makers of GradeQuick, and Orbis Software, the makers of Easy Grade Pro.
Edline is used in many schools aiming to have paperless classes and homework, thereby cutting costs. The instructor/teacher can upload such material as upcoming tests, projects, homework, class expectations, and progress reports. The website mainly helps parents see if students have missed any homework. Parents or students can even e-mail teachers if any kind of help is needed. Different schools may upload varying amounts of data and information, depending on teacher preference and school requirements.
In October 2011, Edline merged with Blackboard.
In July 2012, Edline announced they are being rebranded as Blackboard Engage.
During the 2014-2015 school year, some school districts across the nation were starting to replace Edline with other similar tools like Google Classroom, Schoology, Skyward, PlusPortals, etc.
- "Edline.net WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- Catharine Skipp; Arian Campo-Flores (2003-08-04). "School: The Web Ate My Homework". Newsweek.
- "Pulled from Edline Website". March 29, 2010.
- Wenglinsky, Harold (2007-10-10). "Are Private High Schools Better Academically Than Public High Schools?". Center on Education Policy. Retrieved October 10, 2007.
- Regan, Tom (2006-02-15). "A PARENTS' HOMEWORK HELPER - ONLINE". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved February 15, 2006.
- Providence Equity's Archipelago Files For IPO; Firm Buys Edline. DowJones LBO Wire, September 04, 2009
- "The Observer : New and improved Google Classroom replaces Edline". The Churchill Observer. 2015-02-24. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "The Growing Pains of Plus Portals – The Quill". The Quill Online. 2015-11-08. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "The adoption of Google Classroom creates more problems than solutions – LOHS Lake Views". LOHS Lake Views. 2014-10-02. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "RM decides to go digital with Google Classroom - The Tide". The RM Tide. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "www.matignon.org/userfiles/files/MPG_mt_ minutes_9_16.pdf" (PDF). Matignon.org. 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
|This article about an educational website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|