|Founded||September 1, 2008|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California|
|Services||Technology based educational learning|
|Alexa rank||1,778 (May 2016[update])|
|Type of site||Social learning network, Social learning tools, Networked learning|
|Available in||English,Croatian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Greek, French, Italian, Turkish, Dutch, Chinese, Swedish|
Edmodo is an educational technology company offering communication, collaboration, and coaching tools to K-12 schools and teachers. The Edmodo network enables teachers to share content, distribute quizzes, assignments, and manage communication with students, colleagues, and parents.
In the year 2013, Edmodo was included in the list of "The Top Apps for Teachers" by PC Magazine. That same year, Edmodo acquired the startup Root-1 in an attempt to become the app store for education. Vibhu Mittal, Co-founder and CEO of Root-1, became the CEO of Edmodo the following year.
In 2014, Edmodo launched Snapshot – a suite of assessment tools to measure student progress on educational standards. Edtech digest awarded Edmodo Snapshot the Cool Tool Award for Best Assessment Solution. The company has partnered with two major publishers in United Kingdom, Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press to provide access to educational content on the Edmodo Platform and bring Edmodo Snapshot to the UK.
Edmodo was founded by Nic Borg and Jeff O'Hara in 2008. It is backed by Index Ventures, Benchmark, Greylock Partners, Learn Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Union Square Ventures, Glynn Capital Management, Tenaya Capital, SingTel Innov8, and KDDI. As of July 2015 Edmodo claimed to have over 51,000,000 users worldwide.
In March 2015, Noodle named Edmodo as one of “The 32 Most Innovative Online Educational Tools".
- "Edmodo - traffic statistics". Alexa Internet, Inc. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Empson, Rip (Apr 30, 2012). "As It Graduates From Network To Platform, Edmodo Now Serving 7M Users, 80K Schools". TechCrunch.
- "Back to School: The Top Apps for Teach ldvm jh oPAskojyoers". Fast Company. Aug 21, 2013.
- Empson, Rip (Mar 6, 2013). "Now 18M Users Strong, Edmodo Makes Its First Acquisition In Root-1 To Become The App Market For Education". TechCrunch.
- "Edmodo Acquires Root-1". TechCrunch. Mar 5, 2013.
- Wan, Tony (Dec 22, 2014). "EXCLUSIVE: Edmodo Turns to Its Roots for a New CEO". EdSurge.
- "Bringing innovation to our educational systems". Index Ventures. Jul 14, 2014.
- "2015 – Finalists & Winners". edtech digest. Mar 15, 2015.
- "Oxford University Press and Social Learning Platform Edmodo Partner to Enhance Pupil Learning". Business Wire. Jan 21, 2015.
- "Cambridge UK schools team partner with Edmodo". Cambridge. Jan 20, 2015.
- "Edmodo, Microblogging Platform for Educators, Merges with Revolution Learning's Fusion Project". PR Newswire. Feb 10, 2010.
- "Edmodo Free Microblogging Site for Educators". Open Education. Sep 20, 2008.
- Wan, Tony (Aug 6, 2014). "Edmodo Raises $30M Round Led by Index Ventures". EdSurge.
- "We have connected 50 million learners!". Twitter. Apr 24, 2015.
- Edmodo Official website
- "The 32 Most Innovative Online Educational Tools to Use in 2015". Noodle. Mar 15, 2015.
|This article about an educational website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|