Edmond Roudnitska (1905–1996) was a French master perfumer and author. He is known for creating perfumes such as Dior's Eau Sauvage and Diorissimo, and Rochas's Femme. Many of his creations are still in production today. He was the father of perfumer Michel Roudnitska.
1996 (age 90-91)|
Diorissimo, based on lily of the valley, was a notable achievement in the field of perfumery. Unlike rose or jasmine, the smell of lily of the valley cannot be extracted from essential oil of the flower. Roudnitska circumvented the problem by using aroma chemicals like hydroxycitronellal.:142
For Christian Dior
- Diorama (1948)
- Diorling (1951)
- Eau Fraîche (1955)
- Diorissimo (1956)
- Eau Sauvage (1966)
- Diorella (1972)
- Dior-Dior (1976)
For Elizabeth Arden
- It's You (1939)
- On Dit (1952)
- Elly (1955)
- Arden (1956)
- Eau d'Hermès (1951)
- Grande Eau d'Hermès (1987)
- Hermes Rogue (1988)
- Femme (1944)
- Mousseline (1946)
- Mouche (1947)
- Moustache (1949)
- La Rose (1949)
- Le Parfum de Thérèse (early 1950s); rights acquired from Roudnitska's wife Thérèse (for whom it was originally created in the early 1950s) by Frederic Malle, produced from 2000. One of the best chypres with its water fruit accord that was considered way too avant garde and ahead of its time.
- Ocean Rain Mario Valentino®, a male fragrance for Mario Valentino (1990); Roudnitska's last creation
- Cristalle EDT for Chanel, with perfumer Henri Robert.
- Edmond Rudnitska. Le Parfum. Collection: Que sais-je?. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France - PUF, 1980 (5th edition 2000). ISBN 978-2-13-046057-2
- Odile Moréno, René Bourdon, Edmond Roudnitska (André Chastel, préface). L'Intimité du Parfum. Paris: Olivier Perrin, 1974. ISBN 978-2-85053-001-2
- Edmond Rudnitska. Former les Hommes, Mythe ou Réalité?. Paris: Olivier Perrin, 1975. ASIN B0014MHB8W
- L'Esthétique en Question: Introduction à une Esthétique de l'Odorat. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France - PUF. ASIN B0014MG4VM
- Une Vie au Service du Parfum (essays beginning 1938 forward). Paris: Thérèse Vian, 1991. ISBN 2-908883-01-5
- Ellena, Jean Claude (May 1999). "Portrait Ellena US". Portrait d'un compositeur de parfum (in French). Art et Parfum. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- "Tribute to Edmond Roudnitska". Art et Parfum. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
- Turin, Luca; Tania Sanchez (2008). Perfumes: the guide. New York, New York: Viking. ISBN 978-0-670-01865-9.
|This article about a French writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|