Edmondthorpe and Wymondham railway station
|Edmonthorpe & Wymondham|
The station building in 1994
|1 May 1894||Opened|
|2 March 1959||Closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Edmonthorpe and Wymondham railway station was a station in Wymondham, Leicestershire. It also served the small hamlet of Edmondthorpe. It was Midland Railway property but train services were operated by the Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway. It was closed in 1959 along with most of the M&GN. Nearby Whissendine railway station on the Leicester to Peterborough line was originally named Wymondham, but had been renamed by 1863.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Saxby||Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway||South Witham|
- Butt, R.V.J., (1995) The Directory of Railway Stations, Yeovil: Patrick Stephens
- British Railways Atlas.1947. p.16
- Historic England. "Edmonthorpe and Wymondham station (509047)". PastScape. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- Midland Lines Archived 11 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bradshaws General Railway and Steam Navigation Guide, February 1863.
- Smith, Peter (2012). "Wymondham". THE SYSTON AND PETERBOROUGH RAILWAY. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
Track plans and Photographs
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wymondham.|
|This article on a railway station in the East Midlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|