The Edmonstone Baronetcy, of Duntreath in the County of Stirling, is a title in the Baronetage of Great Britain. It was created 20 May 1774 for Archibald Edmonstone, 11th of Duntreath, Member of Parliament for Dunbartonshire and Ayr Burghs. He was succeeded by his third but eldest surviving son, the second Baronet. He represented Dunbartonshire and Stirlingshire in the House of Commons. On his death the title passed to his eldest son, the third Baronet. He was a writer and traveller. He died without surviving issue and was succeeded by his half-brother, the fourth Baronet. He was an Admiral in the Royal Navy and Member of Parliament.
The family seat is Duntreath Castle, Blanefield, Stirlingshire; The castle was a gift from Robert III of Scotland. The 7th Baronet and his second wife Julie run the Castle as a venue for weddings and garden lectures.
The Edmonstones had ancient links to Kings of Scotland. They are descendants of King Robert III of Scotland through his daughter Mary Stewart, Princess of Scotland who married Sir Archibald Edmonstone's son Sir William Edmondstone of Culloden (d. 1460) in 1425 and she bore a son named Sir William Edmonstone of Duntreath. They are also related to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, second wife of Charles, Prince of Wales through her great-grandmother Alice Keppel (née Alice Frederica Edmonstone) who was the eighth daughter of the 4th Baronet. Elyssa Edmonstone, daughter of the 7th Baronet, married Archduke Sigismund of Austria-Tuscany in 1999.
Edmonstone baronets, of Duntreath (1774)
- Sir Archibald Edmonstone, 1st Baronet (1717–1807)
- Sir Charles Edmonstone, 2nd Baronet (1764–1821)
- Sir Archibald Edmonstone, 3rd Baronet (1795–1871)
- Sir William Edmonstone, 4th Baronet (1810–1888)
- Sir Archibald Edmonstone, 5th Baronet (1867–1954)
- Sir Archibald Charles Edmonstone, 6th Baronet (1894–1954)
- Sir Archibald Bruce Charles Edmonstone, 7th Baronet (born 1934)
- "No. 11453". The London Gazette. 30 April 1774. p. 1.
- "Duntreath Castle". Archived from the original on 18 December 2013.
- "Genealogical account of the family of Edmonstone of Duntreath". archive.org. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- More information about the family. Accessed 7 October 2007.
- Family site created by Dru Edmonstone, youngest son of the baronet, with Lady McGrigor's history of the family online. Accessed 7 October 2007.