Edmund C. Moy
Edmund C. Moy
Edmund C. Moy, 2006
|Other names||Chinese: 梅冠芳; pinyin: Méi Guànfāng|
|Home town||Waukesha, Wisconsin|
|Spouse(s)||Karen Johnson Moy|
|Children||Nora Sue Moy (daughter)|
Edmund C. Moy (born September 12, 1957) is an American businessman and former government official. From 2006 to 2011, he served as the 38th Director of the United States Mint.
Early life and education
Born in Detroit, Michigan on September 12, 1957, Moy was raised in Waukesha, Wisconsin, where he worked in his parents' restaurant while growing up. He is a 1975 graduate of Waukesha North High School and a 1979 graduate of the University of Wisconsin–Madison, where he graduated with a triple major in economics, international relations, and political science. At UW–Madison, Moy was a member of the Tau Kappa Epsilon International Fraternity.
Moy is an active participant in organizations representing the Asian-American community, as well as a member of the Board of Directors of Christianity Today International. He was elected as the Grand Crysophylos (Treasurer) for Tau Kappa Epsilon International Fraternity at the 54th Biennial Conclave held in Las Vegas, Nevada on August 7, 2007. He then became Grand Grammateus (Secretary), followed by Grand Epiprytanis (Vice President). He was named the Teke Alumnus of the Year in 2005. He was elected Grand Prytanis (President) at the 2011 Conclave.
From 1979 to 1989, Moy worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield United of Wisconsin.:74 Moy then served as Director of the Office of Managed Care at the Health Care Financing Administration during the George H. W. Bush administration.:73 From 1994 to 2001, he worked for a number of private-sector companies.:73 From 2001 to 2006, Moy served in the George W. Bush administration as Special Assistant to the President for Presidential Personnel.:73 He oversaw the selection of candidates for presidential appointments in the general areas of human, natural, and cultural resources. In 2003, he served on the transition team for the newly created Department of Homeland Security.
On June 29, 2006, President Bush nominated Moy to serve as the 38th Director of the United States Mint.:71 He was sworn in on September 5, 2006. Moy earned the Alexander Hamilton Medal for public service, awarded by then-Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson, Jr. Moy announced his resignation as Director of the United States Mint on December 20, 2010, effective January 9, 2011. After leaving the United States Mint, Moy became Vice President Corporate Infrastructure for L&L Energy, Inc. As of 2014, he is the chief strategist for Fortress Gold Group. Moy also writes occasional articles for Moneynews.com.
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Congress.
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Mint.
- United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs (2007). Nominations of Frederic S. Mishkin, Linda Mysliwy Conlin, J. Joseph Grandmaison, Edmund C. Moy, and Geoffrey S. Bacino (PDF). S. Hrg. 109–931. Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Director of United States Mint Resigns". United States Mint. December 20, 2010. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Edmund C. Moy, Director of the United States Mint". United States Mint Director's Office. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Moy nominated for Mint director". numismaticnews.net. F + W. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Gold, Morgan. "Former Director of the United States Mint Edmund C. Moy Joins Morgan Gold As Company Spokesperson". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Edmund C. Moy, Director of United States Mint: Biography, Speeches and Statements". coinnews.net. CoinNews Media Group LLC. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Ed Moy". Moneynews.com. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "L&L Energy Announces Appointment of VP Corporate Infrastructure and Director of Accounting". PR Newswire. December 21, 2010. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Fortress Gold Group". Fortress Gold Group. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- "Former United States Mint Director Edmund C. Moy Joins Fortress Gold Group as Chief Strategist". PR Newswire. September 5, 2014. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- "America's Money News Page - Archives". Moneynews.com. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Media related to Edmund C. Moy at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Moy to give commencement address at Union University, May 4, 2004
Henrietta H. Fore
| 38th Director of the United States Mint
David J. Ryder