Edmund Campion (historian)
He was educated at Saint Ignatius' College, Riverview and the University of Sydney, where he was editor of the student newspaper Honi Soit in 1953. He completed a Master of Arts at the University of Cambridge and theological studies at the Catholic Institute of Sydney. He was ordained a priest in 1961 and after curacies at several Sydney parishes including St Mary's Cathedral was appointed a lecturer in history at the Catholic Institute of Sydney, later becoming Professor of History there.
Campion was chairman of the judging panel for the inaugural Pascall Prize for Australian Critic of the Year in 1988. He was awarded an honorary doctorate of letters by the University of Sydney in 2005.
- 1980, John Henry Newman: Friends, allies, bishops, Catholics, Melbourne: Dove Communications, ISBN 0859241254
- 1982, Rockchoppers: Growing up Catholic in Australia, Ringwood, Vic: Penguin, ISBN 0140064451;
- 1987, Australian Catholics, Ringwood, Vic: Viking, ISBN 0670816957
- 1994, A Place in the City, Ringwood, Vic: Penguin, ISBN 0140179135
- 1996 (edited), Catholic Voices: Best Australian Catholic writing, Melbourne: David Lovell Publishing, ISBN 1863550534
- 1997, Great Australian Catholics, Ringwood, Vic: David Lovell Publishing, ISBN 1863550577;
- 2003, Lines of My Life: Journal of a year, Camberwell, Vic: Penguin, ISBN 0143001523;
- 2009, Ted Kennedy: priest of Redfern, Kew East: David Lovell Publishing, ISBN 9781863551298
- 2014, Australian Catholic Lives, Kew East, Vic: David Lovell Publishing, ISBN 9781863551458
- 2016, Swifty: A life of Yvonne Swift, Sydney: NewSouth Publishing, ISBN 9781742234755
- 2021, Then and Now: Australian Catholic experiences, Adelaide: ATF Press, ISBN 9781922582614
- "Ministers, Leading Citizens Hoodwinked By Communists' Peace Convention Stratagem". Catholic Weekly. Sydney. 3 September 1953. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Edmund Campion. On Cardinal Gilroy at the Sydney Institute, johnmenadue.com, 7 Apr 2018.
- Honorary awards: Emeritus Professor Father Edmund Campion, University of Sydney, 2005.
- "Save Lives Not Face in Vietnam, Says A.C.T.U. Leader". Tribune. Sydney. 2 August 1973. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Campion, Edmund (19 November 1969). "Woolloomoloo Residents' Action Group". Tharunka. Sydney. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Craven, Peter (28 February 2015). "Book review: Australian Catholic lives". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 9 May 2021.