Born on 17 December 1870 and educated at Christ’s Hospital  and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, he was ordained in 1899. His career began with a curacy at St James, Muswell Hill. He was then Vicar of St Benedict, Cambridge, Dean then Master of his old college and finally (before his elevation to the Episcopate) Vice-Chancellor of the University. He died while taking a confirmation service near Glossop.
- Bishop Pearce, Ernest Townsend, BBC, retrieved 14 July 2014
- Diocesan details Archived November 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bishop Of Derby. The Master Of Corpus Appointed. The Times Wednesday, Aug 10, 1927; pg. 10; Issue 44656; col C
- The Times, Monday, Oct 14, 1935; pg. 20; Issue 47194; col A The Bishop Of Derby Administrative Gifts
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- The Times, Friday, Jan 17, 1896; pg. 6; Issue 34789; col A University Intelligence. Cambridge, Jan. 16.
- "Pearce, Edmund Courtenay (PR889EC)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, John Phillips, 1900
- Church web-site (1)
- Church web-site (2)
- Bygone Derbyshire
Robert Townley Caldwell
|Master of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge
|Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge
Albert Charles Seward
|Church of England titles|
|New diocese||Bishop of Derby
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|