Edmund Thomas Clint
|Edmund Thomas Clint|
May 19, 1976
|Died||April 15, 1983|
|Known for||Painting, drawing|
He loved painting Hindu festivals and traditional events near his home in Kochi, Kerala. When he died of kidney failure in 1983, he was just six years and 11 months old, yet left behind some 20,000 artworks. Normally it would take years of analytical study and training to draw such paintings. His work has been displayed in exhibitions in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala in 1995 and 2007. At the age of 5, he secured first place in a competition held for painters below the age 18.
Clint Road in Kochi, Kerala is named after him. A biography, Clint - Nirangalude Rajakumaran (Clint - The Prince of Colors) was written by Sebastian Pallithode about him. A Brief Hour of Beauty, another biography in English, is now available on Jain Book Agency
In September 2014, director Harikumar declared he was planning to make a film based on the life of Clint.
- "She spells hope and happiness" - The Hindu
- "The unfading colours of child prodigy" - The Hindu
- "Who is Edmund Thomas Clint?". Kerala Tourism. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Temple Festival by Edmund Thomas Clint". Reader's Digest. Archived from the original on 6 October 2010.
- "Remembering Clint" - Bluubyrd
- "In Tiruvananthapuram Today" - The Hindu.
- Sadasivan, T. K (10 December 2999). "It is still fascinating...". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 9 April 2010. Check date values in:
- "Painting exhibition". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 30 December 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Clint - Nirangalude Rajakumaran". Archived from the original on 3 September 2010.
- "A Brief Hour of Beauty-A Tribute to Edmund Thomas Clint, the Master who Died Young"
- "`Missing out award painful'". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 26 February 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Edmund Thomas Clint memorial painting competition for children". The Hindu. Chennai, India: 21 November 2009. 21 November 2009. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- Harikumar to make a film on child prodigy Clint
- Ammu Nair (2012). A Brief Hour of Beauty: A Tribute to Edmund Thomas Clint the Master Who Died Young. New Delhi, India: Jain Book Agency. ISBN 9788172344429.
- Sebastian Pallithode (2009). Clint: Nirangalude Rajakumaran [Clint: The Prince of Colors] (in Malayalam). Trivandrum, India: Kerala State Institute of Children's Literature. ISBN 9788184940169.
- Sebastian Pallithode (2015). Clint: Jeevithavum Varakalum [Clint: Life and Works] (in Malayalam). Calicut, India: Green Books.