This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
EduTrust is a quality certification scheme in Singapore introduced by the Ministry of Education as part of the Private Education Act to strengthen the existing registration framework and enforcement provision to regulate the private education sector in Singapore.
Differentiating the EduTrusted PEIs:
All EduTrusted PEIs will be awarded according to the following categories based on their award scores:
- EduTrust Star (4-year validity)
The EduTrust Star award is given to a PEI for having excelled in all key areas of management and the provision of quality education services. This mark is also a symbol of recognition for sustained efforts in organisational improvement.
- EduTrust (4-year validity)
The EduTrust award is given to a PEI for having achieved satisfactory to commendable performance in key areas of management and the provision of educational services.
- EduTrust Provisional Award (1-year validity)
The EduTrust Provisional award is given to a PEI which has attained a minimum level of performance in key areas of management and the provision of educational services. In accepting the award, the organisation acknowledges the need for improvement in its existing management practices and service provisions, and strives to achieve this
The EduTrust Provisional (valid for 1 year) which has been achieved by 43 private schools including Asian International College, Informatics Academy, and TEG International College as at September 2015.
The next level EduTrust Certified has been achieved by 65 Institutes including KLC International Institute, EASB, MDIS etc. (as at September 2015) where as only Edutrust star as of September 2015 is awarded to James Cook Australia Institute of Higher Learning and Lasalle College of the Arts.
- Ministry of Education, Singapore. "Enhancing Regulation of the Private Education Sector". Archived from the original on 2008-04-09. Retrieved 2008-04-08.
- "Private-school mergers bode well for industry". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2011-02-07.[permanent dead link]
- "Council for Private Education (CPE) | EduTrust Certification Scheme". www.cpe.gov.sg. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Council for Private Education (CPE) | EduTrust Certification Status of PEIs". www.cpe.gov.sg. Retrieved 2016-09-15.