Honrath was a well-known art dealer in Berlin. Among his entomological achievements, he described Parnassius graeseri (1885) (now Parnassius bremeri graeseri (a subspecies), Parnassius stenosemus and Papilio neumoegeni (both 1890) in the Berliner Entomologische Zeitschrift. He was a member of the Entomological Society of Berlin, and its president for many years.
- Benezit Dictionary of Artists (in French, Bénézit Dictionnaire des peintres, sculpteurs, dessinateurs et graveurs) Éditions Gründ, Paris.(1911).
- Anonym 1893 [Honrath, E. G.] Insektenbörse 10: 82.
- Dömitz, W. (1893). "Nekrolog: Ed. G. Honrath". Berliner Entomologische Zetschrift (in German). 39: 319–320.
- Elwes, H. J. (1893). "Annual Meeting, January 17, 1894: The President's Address". Proceedings of the Entomological Society of London: lvii.
-  portrait, further references.
|This article about a German zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an entomologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|