January 31, 2007 – January 30, 2008
March 24, 2010 – December 29, 2010
|Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine|
April 20, 2012 – December 24, 2012
|Prime Minister||Mykola Azarov|
|Preceded by||Mykola Zlochevsky|
|Succeeded by||Oleh Proskuryakov|
|Minister of Power Generation and Coal Mining of Ukraine|
December 24, 2013 – February 27, 2014
|Prime Minister||Mykola Azarov|
|Preceded by||Yuriy Boyko|
|Succeeded by||Yuriy Prodan|
|Born||October 4, 1972|
Lebedyn, Sumy Oblast, Ukrainian SSR
|Political party||Party of Regions|
|Alma mater||National Mining University of Ukraine|
National Academy of State Management
Eduard Stavytsky is a Ukrainian politician and government official who held several ministerial portfolios in the Azarov Government (2012–2014).
As part of investigation about facts of state property theft by government officials from the Ministry of Power and Coal Industry, in apartments and offices that belong to Stavytsky were searched by authorities who discovered 42 kg of gold, $4.8 million, and collection of expensive watches.
In 2014 Stavytsky was given political asylum in Israel under name Nathan Rosenberg.
Brief biographical overview
A graduate of the National Mining University of Ukraine (Dnipropetrovsk) and the National Academy of State Management (Kiev), in 1994–2006 Stavytsky worked on management positions at the "Ecological Fuel of Ukraine" in Oleksandriya, while also sponsoring the local youth football club "Oleksandriya-Amethyst" (part of the FC Oleksandriya).
Inn 2007–2010 Stavytsky worked as a director of the state company "Nadra Ukrayiny" that specializes in geological surveying and governed by the State Service of Geology and Subsoil of Ukraine (Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources). During that period he was suspected in unlawful alienation of the state residence, for which he was fired twice, but reinstated on court orders.
In 2010 after Mykola Azarov became the Prime Minister of Ukraine, Stavytsky was reinstated and later promoted to a chairman of State Service of Geology and Subsoil of Ukraine. The same year he also was able to become a local representative in the Zhytomyr Oblast council. In April-December 2012 Stavytsky was given a portfolio of the Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine in the First Azarov Cabinet. After Azarov was reelected as the Prime Minister, Stavytsky became the Minister of Power Generation and Coal Industry of Ukraine.
As part of investigation against the Ukrainian holding company VETEK owned by Serhiy Kurchenko, Eduard Stavytsky got on the wanted list of the General Prosecutor of Ukraine. He is since then a fugitive. According to the Prosecutor office Stavytsky is, as an Israeli citizen, hiding in Israel under the assumed name of Nathan Rosenberg.
Nadra Ukrayiny and Mezhyhirya
Between June through November 2007 the state residence switched ownership at least four times, while also being involved into a court case during that period.
- Avakov: In Stavytsky's apartment were discovered 42 kg of gold and $4.8 million cash. Ukrayinska Pravda. 22 March 2014
- Kryukova, S., Musayeva, S. Runaway-minister Stavytsky: I was offered to pay few million of dollars to solve all issues. Ukrayinska Pravda. 2 August 2016.
- Former minister of Power Generation Stavytsky is on the wanted list. UNIAN. 24 March 2014
- Ukraine accuses Russia of breaking CIS agreements over Yanukovych extradition, Interfax-Ukraine (12 January 2015)
- Ukraine asks Israel to help in inquiry against ex-energy minister Stavysky, Interfax-Ukraine (25 April 2016)
- EU adds four Ukrainians to black list, IRAR-TASS (April 15, 2014)
- Stavytsky at the Official Ukraine today website
- Stavytsky at the Zhytomyr regional council website
- Chyvokunia, V. Yushchenko and Yanukovych were accomplices during the alienation of Mezhyhirya. Ukrayinska Pravda. 20 February 2008