The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Eduard Arkadevich Steinberg|
3 March 1937
|Died||28 March 2012 (aged 75)|
|Occupation||Painter, activist, philosopher|
Steinberg was born in Moscow, the son of poet, translator and artist Arkady Steinberg. He had residences in Tarusa (Kaluga region) and Paris. His wife, Galina Iosifovna Manevich, is a Russian art critic, author and essayist.
Steinberg began his career drawing live models and landscapes and later switched to "metaphysical still lifes".
In the 1960–1980s Steinberg participated in the dissident movement in the USSR, which supported freedom of expression in arts and basic human rights.
My personal fate may seem difficult and even incomprehensible, but in fact it is the exact parallel with the fate of my country, which managed to emerge from the depths of captivity and isolation to the heights of cultural rebirth and universal acceptance.
He also was Chevalier of the Order of Friendship (2008).
- 1992 : «The Square» Museum Center, Josef-Albers-Museum in Bottrop, Germany
- 1995 : Bochum Art Museum, Bochum, Germany
- 1999 : Morsbroich Museum, Leverkusen
- 2000 : Wilhelm-Hack-Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Ludwigshafen
- 2004 : State Russian Museum, Saint Petersburg
- 2005 : «Eduard Steinberg, Das Leben eines Dreiecks (Gouachen und Gemälde) 1970-2004», Galerie Sandmann, Berlin
- 2005 : «Russia!» — Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
- 2009 : Edik Steinberg at Gallery Claude Bernard, Paris (14 May - 27 June 2009)
- 2011—2012 : «Passion Bild», Kunstmuseum Bern
- 2012 : Religiöse Motive in der inoffiziellen Kunst der Sowjetunion
- Ria.ru accessed 28.3.2012
- «ДИ» / «Art Dialogs»: The Moscow Museum of Modern Art’s magazine; Nº 04, 2008 Archived 3 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine., p. 80-81. / «From Underground to the Academy».
- Eduard Steinberg on the Tsukanov Art Collection site
- Painter Eduard Steinberg working, VIDEO by G. Bastianelli, 5 min. 40 sec.
- Artist's Biography, Museum references, 133 Auction records on the AskArt
- Eduard Steinberg on the ArtOfTheRussias
- Eduard Steinberg in the German National Library catalogue
- Bilder von Eduard Steinberg
- Eduard Steinberg profile at artfacts.net
|This article about a Russian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|