|Birth name||Эдуард Теодорович Винокуров|
|Born||30 October 1942|
Bayzhansay, Kazakh SSR
|Died||10 February 2010 (aged 67)|
St. Petersburg, Russia
|Residence||St. Petersburg, Russia|
|Height||5-8.5 (174 cm)|
|Weight||165 lb (75 kg)|
|Club||VS Leningrad, St. Petersburg|
Early and personal life
Vinokurov was born in the village of Baizhansai, South Kazakhstan Province, Kazakh SSR, and was Jewish. He attended and graduated from the Higher School of Trainers at the Leningrad Institute of Physical Culture in 1966.
He was the USSR sabre champion in 1966, and won three silver medals (1969, 1972, and 1973) and three bronze medals (1968, 1970, 1976). Vinokurov also won the Soviet Cup three times (1965, 1967, and 1972). Vinokurov won the European Cup in the team event five consecutive years, from 1967-71.
Vinokurov was named an Honoured Master of Sports of the USSR in 1968. After his competitive career, Vinokurov worked as a fencing coach in St. Petersburg and became an international fencing referee.
A member of the USSR National sabre team since 1966, Vinokurov won the gold medal in the team competition at the World Fencing Championships in 1967, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1974, and 1975, and also won silver medals at the World Championships in 1966 and 1973.
Hall of Fame
- ВИНОКУРОВ Эдуард Теодорович - это... Что такое ВИНОКУРОВ Эдуард Теодорович?
- (in Russian) Profile at the Russian Fencing Federation Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Jews and the Olympic Games: sport: a springboard for minorities - Paul Yogi Mayer
- Encyclopaedia Judaica - Fred Skolnik, Michael Berenbaum
- Les champions juifs dans l'Histoire - Philippe Assoulen
- The Jewish lists: physicists and generals, actors and writers, and hundreds ... - Martin Harry Greenberg
- Panorama of the 1972 Sports Year (in Russian). Moscow: Fizkultura i sport. 1973. p. 116.
- Boris Khavin (1979). All about Olympic Games (in Russian) (2nd ed.). Moscow: Fizkultura i sport. p. 538.
- Soviet Military Review
- Eduard Vinokurov Bio, Stats, and Results | Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- "Vinokurov, Eduard". Jews in Sports. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Olympics Statistics: Eduard Vinokurov". databaseolympics.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- "Eduard Vinokurov Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- "Eduard Vinokurov". International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame selects seven"