Eduardas Rozentalis, 2006
27 May 1963 |
|FIDE rating||2565 (September 2016)|
|Peak rating||2650 (January 1997)|
He played for the Lithuanian team in every Chess Olympiad since 1992, except in 2000 and 2012. Rozentalis won the Lithuanian Chess Championship in 1981, 1983 (jointly with Aloyzas Kveinys) and 2002.
In 1995 he tied for first in the Canadian Open Chess Championship. He also tied for first, with 6/9, in the 2008 staging of this event, in Montreal. In 2009/10 he tied for 1st-5th with Radosław Wojtaszek, Pavel Ponkratov, Luke McShane and Igor Lysyj at the 39th Rilton Cup in Stockholm. In May 2010, he won the 3rd Magistral Ciudad de Asunción Copa Roggio tournament. In 2012 Rozentalis won the Cultural Village tournament in Wijk aan Zee and qualified for the Grandmaster Group C of the 2013 Tata Steel Chess Tournament; however, he did not take part in the latter event.
- Men's Chess Olympiads: Eduardas Rozentalis. OlimpBase.
- Crowther, Mark (2010-01-05). "39th Rilton Cup 2009-10". Chess.co.uk. Retrieved 7 January 2010.
- "Eduardas Rozentalis Claims 3rd Magistral Ciudad de Asunción Copa Roggio". Chessdom. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Eduardas Rozentalis Qualified for the C Tournament of the Main Festival in Wijk-aan-Zee". Chess-News.ru. 2012-11-29. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Doggers, Peter (2012-12-22). "Tata Steel 2013 Grandmaster Group C participants announced". ChessVibes. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Eduardas Rozentalis chess games at 365Chess.com
- Eduardas Rozentalis player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Interview with GM Eduardas Rozentalis. Chessdom.
|This biographical article relating to a Lithuanian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|