Argentine composer and conductor Eduardo Alonso-Crespo was born in San Miguel de Tucumán in 1956, and grew up in the neighboring city of Salta, in Northwestern Argentina. He received his early musical training from Elizabeth Ocaña de García in Salta, and his musical college education and degree at the School of Musical Arts of the National University of Tucumán. At this same university he also received a Civil Engineer degree. He later moved to the United States through a Fulbright Grant and obtained his master's degree at Carnegie Mellon University. Alonso-Crespo has produced a number of works for the stage; among them a ballet for Medea in 1985, the opera Juana, La Loca (staged in 1991), incidental music for Macbeth (1994 Iris Marga Award) and the opera Putzi (staged in 2004).
Alonso-Crespo served as Music Director of the Tucumán Symphony Orchestra in Argentina and Music Director of the Carnegie Mellon University Contemporary Ensemble in the U.S.A. for the period 1989–2000. Past positions as a conductor also include Principal Guest Conductor and Composer in Residence of the Salta Symphony Orchestra (Argentina), Music Director of the Orquesta Estable de Tucumán, the orchestra of the Tucumán Opera and Ballet Theatre (Argentina), Resident Conductor at Carnegie Mellon University, Associate Conductor of the Carnegie Mellon Philharmonic, Assistant Conductor of the Pittsburgh Civic Orchestra and Music Director of the Carnegie Mellon Wind Ensemble (U.S.A.).
His music appeared on the New Energy from the Americas album, performed by the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra and directed by Keith Lockhart. The music for Macbeth performed by Camerata Lazarte under his direction appeared in 1995. It also included Concerto for bassoon and orchestra featuring Andrea Merenzon and members of the Buenos Aires Philharmonic. More recent work for compact disc includes the recording of Leonardo Balada’s Divertimentos with the Carnegie Mellon Contemporary Ensemble for Albany Records, and a CD for Naxos with the Seville Royal Orchestra.
- "Eduardo Alonso-Crespo- Bio, Albums, Pictures – Naxos Classical Music.". www.naxos.com. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Eduardo Alonso Crespo: “mi interés y mi compromiso son con el arte y la (...) - Salta21.com". salta21.com. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Cummings, David M. (2000-01-01). International Who's who in Music and Musicians' Directory: (in the Classical and Light Classical Fields). Psychology Press. ISBN 9780948875533.
- Cummings, David M. (2000-01-01). International Who's who in Music and Musicians' Directory: (in the Classical and Light Classical Fields). Psychology Press. p. 10. ISBN 9780948875533.
- "Classical Net Review - New Energy from the Americas - Music by Alonso-Crespo & Galbraith". Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "Eduardo Alonso-Crespo: Macbeth - Camerata Lazarte". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "recordings". www.oocities.org. Retrieved 2015-10-07.