Eduardo Barrio is an Argentine logician. Since 2005 he is professor of logic at University of Buenos Aires and researcher at CONICET. He is also editor-in-chief of the collection "Enciclopedia Lógica", published by EUDEBA, which includes the first Spanish translation of the L. T. F. Gamut's work Logic, Language, and Meaning.
Besides, he was co-director—along with Volker Halbach—of a collaborative research group called Truth, Open-endedness and Inexpressibility. Established in both Oxford and Buenos Aires, the scheduled meetings took place in those cities during a short period between 2012–2013.
In 2010 he was visiting professor at MIT.
Grupo de Acción Filosófica
He was co-founder of the GAF, acronym for Grupo de Acción Filosófica (English: Philosophical Action Group). In words of Barrio himself, the creation of the group was due to
the absence of a real Argentine philosophical community. He describes this group as a "micro-community of people that have common interests and try to produce philosophical works".
GAF is a very prolific organization, covering a wide range of philosophical disciplines (or sub-disciplines) such as logic, epistemology, metaphysics, and philosophy of language.
Barrio, E. (1998) La verdad desestructurada. Buenos Aires: EUDEBA.
- Gamut, L. T. F. (2004). "Enciclopedia Lógica". Introducción a la lógica. Buenos Aires: EUDEBA.
- "Eduardo Alejandro Barrio" (in Spanish). Grupo de Acción Filosófica. Archived from the original on 22 February 2015. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Grupo Diaporein (2012). ""The Revision Theory of Truth (T#), FS and the Standard Model of PA": Conferencia de Eduardo Barrio en el MCMP" (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Truth, Paradoxes and Inexpressibility" (PDF). Retrieved 5 March 2014.[permanent dead link]
- "Eduardo Barrio" (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Secretaría de Investigación. 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
El GAF es un grupo filosófico que trató de armar una comunidad dentro da la no-comunidad. Es una pequeña micro-comunidad de gente que tiene intereses en común y trata de producir filosofía.
|This biography of an Argentine philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|