||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Full name||Eduardo Guillermo Bonvallet Godoy|
|Date of birth||13 January 1955|
|Place of birth||Santiago, Chile|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|1968–1972||Club Universidad de Chile|
|1972-1974||Universidad de Chile|
|1980||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||16||(2)|
|1983||Tampa Bay Rowdies||11||(0)|
|1983||Unión San Felipe|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Eduardo Guillermo Bonvallet Godoy (born 13 January 1955 in Santiago, Chile), but also a retired Chilean footballer who played as a defensive midfielder and later developed a TV and radio sports commentator career, best known for his strong and rather raw commentaries on Chilean footballers, coaches and football's power structures. Bonvallet has self-promoted repeatedly for the position of Coach for the national team. Bonvallet has experience training university-level teams, such as Universidad Gabriela Mistral.
In 2007, Bonvallet was appointed manager of Deportivo Temuco (owned by Nehuen S.A.). The club was undergoing difficulty losing many games before Bonvallet took charge. This was his first chance of managing a professional team in the second division yet failure was not avoided with Temuco being relegated to the Chilean third division. He has been on trial several times for publicly insulting managers, politicians, businessmen, etc. In recent years he has earned a considerable support, while he proclaimed himself "El gurú" ("The Guru").
Bonvallet is a Roman Catholic.
Bonvallet has also coined a lot of insulting words and phrases in Chilean Spanish, which became popular on his show TVO Channel thanks to the involuntary aid of another one, Caiga Quién Caiga. Some of his notorious phrases are:
- ¡Avíspate re-huevón! (React, dumbass!)
- ¡Desconchetumadrízate! (Un-motherfucker-ize yourself!)
- ¡Ahuevonado al máximo! (Dumbass to the max!)
- ¡Feo, mamón y no sabís nada! (Ugly! Pussy! And you don't know anything!)
- ¡Grita huevón, grita! (Scream idiot! Scream!)
- ¡O eres monje, fakir o guerrero, o sencillamente te pierdes! (You must be either a monk, a fakir or a warrior or you will simply get lost!)
- ¡Tienen que comer carne! (They have to eat meat!)
In June 2008, it was reported that there was a physical altercation between Bonvallet and former Chilean footballer Carlos Caszely. The location was a Santiago, Chile ice cream shop located in the commune of Las Condes. Witnesses reported that there was a fist fight after the two had an exchange of words.