EF Academy is a private boarding school with one campus in the United States and two campuses in England. EF Academy has four secondary school degree programs, all delivered using English as the language of instruction. The student body is international and for those who are non-native English speakers, there is a curricular emphasis on English-language mastery. The school states that its students come from 75 countries.
EF Academy is part of EF Education First, a large privately held education company. EF Academy was founded in 2004 and received IB World School designation in February 2009.  In September 2014, the EF Academy New York campus was relocated from Tarrytown, NY to Thornwood, NY.
Accreditations and memberships
All of EF Academy locations in the United Kingdom and United States are designated as IB World Schools. In the United Kingdom, EF Academy Oxford is accredited by the British Council; and EF Academy Torbay is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education (BAC). Both EF Academy Oxford and Torbay are accredited by the University of Cambridge International Examination Centres, and both are members of EnglishUK. In the United States, EF Academy New York is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education (ACCET), is a member of the Association of American Intensive English Programs (AAIEP), and is authorized by the New York Board of Regents to award the U.S. high school diploma to qualified students.
- "EF Academy Mission". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "EF International Academy Oxford". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "EF International Academy Torquay". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Find an IB World School". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "British Council - The UK’s international culture and education organisation". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Home -". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "English UK Highlights". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "ACCET". Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "English USA". Retrieved 27 October 2016.