University of the French Antilles
Université des Antilles
The University has 3 campuses:
- two in Guadeloupe: Fouillole (Pointe-à-Pitre) and Saint-Claude,
- one in Martinique: Schœlcher (while there is also the campus of the IUFM in Fort-de-France and the medical campus (CHRU, a regional university hospital) of La Meynard in Le Lamentin).
It was previously part of a larger institution in combination with campuses in French Guiana known as the University of the French West Indies and Guiana. As a result of funding disputes, that university was separated into two distinct institutions based on its constituent parts in French Guiana and the Lesser Antilles respectively. The separation process was completed by 1 January 2015.
- Official web site, serving Guadeloupe and Martinique
- Department of History in Schœlcher and in Saint-Claude (Guadeloupe)
- University of (French) Guiana