|Ministry of Education and Science (Somaliland)|
|National education budget (2015)|
|Budget||5% of GDP|
|Primary languages||Somali, Arabic and English|
Education in Somaliland is provided in public and private schools. Education is Somaliland is managed by Ministry of Education and Science which controls the development and administration of state schools, it's also has an advisory and supervisory role in private schools.
Ministry of Education and Science
The Ministry of Education and Science of Somaliland is a national body implementing the executive functions relating to the development of state policy and to legal regulation in the following spheres: basic education, secondary/vocational education, non-formal education, special needs education and higher education in both public and private institutions.
Somaliland Education System
Pre-primary (early childhood), integrated into formal education and private Quranic School systems, runs for up to two to three years. Primary schooling lasts for eight years and is divided into elementary (lower primary) and intermediate (upper primary) cycles, both lasting four years. Secondary education and vocational training also run for four years. The tertiary level for both systems runs for a minimum of two years with many running for four.
- Ministry of Education and Science (Somaliland)
- Ahmed Mohamed Diriye
- List of universities in Somaliland
- List of schools in Somaliland
- National Library of Somaliland
- "Cadami : Tayada Waxbarashada Waxay ku Xidhan tahay Aqoonta iyo Xirfada Macalimiinta". Guban Media (in Somali). 18 October 2019. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Dhaqaale Loogu Yaboohay Waxbarashada Dalal ay Ka Mid Tahay Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland". Wargeyska Dawan (in Somali). 12 December 2019. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Somaliland Education Statistics Year Book 2013-2014" (PDF). Unicef Somalia. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "The Cost and Quality of Education in Somaliland". Somaliland Current. 15 June 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Somaliland: New Study Shows Successful Primary Education Sector". UNPO. 16 August 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Xildhibaan Siciid oo Ka Hadlay Sidii Qorshe looga Yeelan-lahaa Waxbarashada Ubadka Ciidanka Qaranka". Wargeyska Dawan (in Somali). 24 December 2020. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "New schools in Somaliland give first opportunity to rural children". Radio Ergo. 22 November 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Ministry of Education and Higher Studies - Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP 2017-2021)" (PDF). Global Partnership. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "The Current Status of Educational Standard In Somaliland". Horn Diplomat. 28 January 2018. Retrieved 9 March 2020.