List of institutions of higher education in Delhi
In Delhi there are four central universities (University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia University and Indira Gandhi National Open University), five state universities and 13 deemed universities. The status of one institute, the National School of Drama, is unclear. Delhi also has an international university established by the eight member nations of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC).
- granted deemed/central university status
- The National School of Drama was granted deemed university status in 2005. However, in 2011 the status was revoked on the institute's request. Its current status is unclear.
There are some fake universities functioning in Delhi. According to the University Grants Commission (UGC), the following are the names of fake universities.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Al-Qatai University, New Delhi
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi
- National Education Management & Technology Studies (NEMTS or NEM)
- United Nations University, Delhi
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP), Jagatpuri, Delhi
- Vocational University, Delhi
See also list of colleges under Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology
- Govind Ballabh Pant Engineering College
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology
- National Power Training Institute
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- Trinity Institute of Professional Studies
- UEI Global
- University School of Biotechnology
- University School of Chemical Technology
- University School of Information Technology
- University School of Management Studies
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
See also list of faculties and centers under Jamia Millia Islamia University.
See also List of colleges under Delhi University.
- AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Amity Law School
- Apeejay Institute of Design
- Bhaskraycharya College of Applied Sciences
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College
- College of Vocational Studies
- Delhi College of Engineering
- Delhi Music Academy
- Delhi School of Music
- Gargi College
- Government Engineering College
- Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
- Kirori Mal College
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Miranda House
- Mount Carmel Business School
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Sri Venkateswara College
- AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre
- The Delhi School of Communication
- Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Classes
- IILM Undergraduate Business School
- Amity Business School
- Arena Animation
- Indian School of Business Management and Administration
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- Picasso Animation College
- "Ambedkar University, Delhi". aud.ac.in. Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Delhi Technological University – Delhi College of Engineering – Historical Background". dce.ac.in. Delhi Technological University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "The Official Website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi (India)". ggsipu.nic.in. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Genesis". iari.res.in. Indian Agricultural Research Institute. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "IIFT ::. About Us ::. Mission". iift.edu. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Profile". ilidelhi.org. Indian Law Institute. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Indira Gandhi National Open University". ignou.ac.in. Indira Gandhi National Open University. Archived from the original on 24 October 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Us | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Us". ilbs.in. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Jamia Hamdard". jamiahamdard.edu. Jamia Hamdard. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "History of Jamia Millia Islamia". jmi.ac.in. Jamia Millia Islamia. Archived from the original on 2 July 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Welcome to Jawaharlal Nehru University". jnu.ac.in. Jawaharlal Nehru University. Archived from the original on 2 July 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "National Law University". nludelhi.ac.in. National Law University, Delhi. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "National Museum Institute, New Delhi". nationalmuseumindia.gov.in. National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Musicology. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "::: National School of Drama :::". nsd.gov.in. National School of Drama. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ":: National University of Educational Planning and Administration". nuepa.org. National University of Educational Planning and Administration. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan". sanskrit.nic.in. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About SPA". spa.ac.in. School of Planning and Architecture. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha | History". slbsrsv.ac.in. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapith. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "South Asian University; History". southasianuniversity.org. South Asian University. Retrieved 18 Feb 2013.
- "History of TERI University". teriuniversity.ac.in. TERI University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About us". du.ac.in. University of Delhi. Archived from the original on 16 May 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "NSD loses deemed varsity status on own request". The Hindu. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.