Persson on the left with Allan Waldner at the set of Baldwin's Wedding (1938).
Carl Edvard Persson
17 January 1888
|Died||19 September 1957 (aged 69)|
|Spouse(s)||Ellen Rosengren |
Carl Edvard Persson (born 17 January 1888 in Sankt Pauli parish, Malmö, Scania – died 19 September 1957 in Helsingborg, Scania) was a celebrated Swedish actor, director and singer. During his time, he was well-known in the entire country, but through many of his films and songs, he is often associated with his home province, Scania (Swedish and Danish: Skåne). He was also a popular entertainer in Denmark and after an American 1947 inviting, he made a 100 day tour in the US "Swedish communities" and made 100 concerts in New York City and in 35 other American cities.
Biography and career
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He got his first role in the 1923 silent film Studenterna på Tröstehult. Overall, Persson made 45 feature films, among those were South of the Highway and Kalle på Spången. He was one of the most popular film actors of his time, often playing the same kind of character - the jovial and good-natured man from Scania.
As a singer he released numerous records. Among his more famous songs were Kalle på Spången, Jag har bott vid en landsväg, Jag är en liten gåsapåg från Skåne and Vi klarar oss nog ändå.
- The Southsiders (1932)
- Secret Svensson (1933)
- The Dangerous Game (1933)
- The Women Around Larsson (1934)
- South of the Highway (1936)
- Our Boy (1936)
- Baldwin's Wedding (1938)
- Kalle's Inn (1939)
- A Sailor on Horseback (1940)
- Bashful Anton (1940)
- Sunny Sunberg (1941)
- Sun Over Klara (1942)
- The Happy Tailor (1945)
- Jens Mansson in America (1947)
- Each Heart Has Its Own Story (1948)
- Number 17 (1949)
- Pimpernel Svensson (1950)
- Count Svensson (1951)
- The Girl from Backafall (1953)
- A Night at Glimmingehus (1954)
- Blue Sky (1955)
- When the Mills are Running (1956)
- Swedish National Archive
- Skånska Dagbladet 
- Sydsvenska Dagbladet Snällposten 
- Swedish National Archive  , "I Danmark var P:s popularitet inte mindre än i Sverige." or "In Denmark was his popularity no less than in Sweden".
- Swedish National Archive , "1947 inbjöds P att turnera i svenskbygderna i USA. Turnén, som omfattade 100 dagar och 36 städer.." or "1947 P. was invited to tour the Swedish communities in the USA. The tour comprised 100 days, 36 cities - with an equal number of performances"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edvard Persson.|
|This article about a Swedish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Swedish singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|