Edward Bonham Carter
Edward Henry Bonham Carter was born and raised in Golders Green, London. He is the elder son of Raymond Bonham Carter, who was a merchant banker, and Elena (née Proper de Callejón), a psychotherapist of Jewish descent. He has two younger siblings: his sister is the actress Helena Bonham Carter and his brother is Thomas Bonham Carter, who co-manages a corporate governance agency. He went to Harrow School and the University of Manchester where he studied Economics and Politics.
He was appointed Chief Investment Officer of Jupiter Fund Management in July 1999. In 2000, he took over as joint chief executive when John Duffield left over disagreements with the management of Commerzbank. In 2007 he led a management buy-out, supported by US private equity firm TA Associates in which Jupiter staff (95% of whom bought shares in Jupiter) took a majority stake in the business.
- James Moore (2007-04-26). "Business profile: The gods smile on Bonny". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- Nigel Cope (2001-07-16). "The Monday Interview: Edward Bonham Carter". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- Kieron Root (2003-12-01). "Mud, mud, glorious mud". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- Pridham, Helen; "Q&A: Edward Bonham-Carter" TimesOnline.co.uk, 24 February 2004
- James Moore (2007-07-14). "Edward Bonham Carter: Jupiter's principal asset". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Bonham Carter's top tips" (speaking to Michael Clarke) ThisIsMoney.co.uk, 21 October 2006.