Edward Charles Close
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Edward Charles Close|
12 March 1790|
|Died||7 May 1866
Morpeth, New South Wales, Australia
|Resting place||Anglican Church of St James, Morpeth|
|Profession||soldier, civil engineer, local government official, magistrate|
|Years of service||1808-1822|
Edward Charles Close (Senior) (12 March 1790 – 7 May 1866) was a British soldier, engineer, New South Wales colonial magistrate, member of the New South Wales Legislative Council, and early European settler in Morpeth. 
- "The Late MR. E. C. Close of Morpeth.". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 23 May 1866. p. 5. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Major Edward Charles (1) CLOSE (1790–1866)". Parliament of New South Wales.
- Nancy Gray, 'Close, Edward Charles (1790–1866)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/close-edward-charles-1905/text2255, accessed 28 May 2013.
- "Edward Charles Close – New South Wales Sketchbook: Sea Voyage, Sydney, Illawarra, Newcastle, Morpeth, c. 1817-1840" in Manuscripts, Oral History and Pictures Catalogue (database), New South Wales Government, State Library accessed 28 May 2013.
- "Mr Edward Charles (2) CLOSE (1825–1887)". Parliament of New South Wales.