Edward D. Breen
Edward D. Breen (born c. 1956) is an American business executive. He is the Executive Chairman of DuPont. Prior to this, he was the chair of the board and CEO of DuPont, a role he started on November 9, 2015. He also serves as a director of Comcast. Prior to his role at DuPont, Breen was the Chairman and CEO of Tyco International.
The Wall Street Journal called Breen a "breakup expert" at the time he took the position as DuPont's CEO. It was believed at the time that he would increase the chances of the company's breakup, a distinct possibility since Trian Fund Management, DuPont's fifth largest shareholder at the time, was demanding the breakup of the company.
In March 2016, it was reported that Dow Chemical Co. and the DuPont Co. agreed to pay $27 million to DuPont CEO Edward Breen if he left the company by early 2017.
In February 2020, Breen was reinstated as DuPont CEO replacing Marc Doyle.
In December, 2018 he received the Leadership Award for Historic Corporate Reinvention from the Chemical Marketing and Economics group of the American Chemical Society’s New York Section. He was honored for the merger he put into place between Dow Chemical Co. and E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. He was also named one of the 100 Most Influential People in Business Ethics by Ethisphere.
- Bloomberg (9 November 2015). "DuPont names Breen as permanent CEO to replace Kullman". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Chief Executive Officer". www.businessroundtable.org. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Edward D. Breen". corporate.comcast.com. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "Edward D. Breen | Tyco". tyco.com. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- Bunge, Jacob (2018-12-26). "Meet the Breakup Artist Taking Apart DowDuPont". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "DuPont's Interim Boss Edward Breen Is a Breakup Expert". Wall Street Journal.
- "DuPont Names Edward D. Breen as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer". Bloomberg.
- "Dow-DuPont: Millions for cost-cutting CEOs". Philly.com.
- Minaya, Ezequiel. "DuPont De Nemours Fires CEO And CFO". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- Kuehner-Hebert, Katie (2018-11-26). "DowDuPont CEO Edward D. Breen Recognized For 'Historic Corporate Reinvention'". ChiefExecutive.net. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|