Edward D. Breen
Edward D. Breen (born c. 1956) is an American business executive. He was named the CEO of DuPont on November 9, 2015. He also serves as a director of Comcast. Prior to his role at DuPont, Breen was the Chairman and CEO of Tyco International.
Upon taking up his CEO position, The Wall Street Journal called him a "breakup expert", as his arrival increased the chance of DuPont being broken up, as was demanded by Trian Fund Management, at the time DuPont’s fifth-biggest shareholder.
In March 2016 it was reported that Dow Chemical Co. and the DuPont Co. agreed to pay $27 million to DuPont CEO Edward Breen leaves the company by early 2017.
- Bloomberg (9 November 2015). "DuPont names Breen as permanent CEO to replace Kullman". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Edward D. Breen". corporate.comcast.com. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "Edward D. Breen | Tyco". tyco.com. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "DuPont's Interim Boss Edward Breen Is a Breakup Expert". Wall Street Journal.
- "DuPont Names Edward D. Breen as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer". Bloomberg.
- "Dow-DuPont: Millions for cost-cutting CEOs". Philly.com.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|