Edward G. Jefferson
|Edward G. Jefferson|
|Died||February 9, 2006 (aged 84)|
Jefferson served in the Royal Artillery during World War II and took part in the Normandy invasion in 1944. He later graduated with honors in chemistry from King's College at the University of London, where he also received a doctorate.
Jefferson was a member of the American Philosophical Society, a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, a trustee of the Academy of Natural Sciences, and a member of the National Academy of Engineering (elected in 1986 "for outstanding research leadership and exceptional contributions to university-industry cooperation in science and engineering, and for creative direction of one of the world’s largest industrial organizations").
- Edward G. Jefferson, 84, Chief at DuPont, Is Dead
- "Edward G. Jefferson, 84, Chief at DuPont, Is Dead". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. 11 February 2006. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- USA Today:Former DuPont CEO Ed Jefferson dies at 84;By Maureen Milford and Gary Haber, The (Wilmington) News Journal
- National Academy of Engineering, Memorial Tributes: Volume 11 (2007);EDWARD GRAHAM JEFFERSON;WRITTEN BY CHARLES O. HOLLIDAY JR.
- DuPont:Edward G. Jefferson