Edward Hoare (environmentalist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Born at Stourhead in Wiltshire, he left home as a young man, living in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 1968 to 1971, where he worked in a bank. He returned home and took training as a Chartered Accountant from 1972 to 1976. In 1977, he embarked on a trip around the world, during which he visited the Royal Chitwan National Park in Nepal, leading to his interests in environmental issues.
Hoare joined the family bank, C. Hoare & Co, and became a bankers' agent, a position he held for over 30 years. He was a member of the Hoare's Bank Family Forum, which distributes funds from the Golden Bottle Trust, formed in 1985 and continuing the Hoare family tradition of giving to good causes since the early 18th century.
Edward Hoare is husband to Suzie Hoare and father to Rennie Hoare, Victoria Hoare and James Hoare
- "Golden Bottle Trust". C. Hoare & Co. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "President & vice-presidents". Fauna & Flora International. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "About ITNC". The International Trust for Nature Conservation. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Thortspace - 3D mind-mapping collaborative mind-map". Gooisoft. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- "Gooisoft Company Information Companies House". Companies House. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
|This article about an environmental activist or conservationist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|